All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start I am not getting a HID kit. So no.

About 6 months ago I got some 5000k Xenon H4 Bulbs for my car and fair enough they were 10x better and whiter than standard. But not perfect, didn't pay much for them so it could have been the quality of the bulb that made them less white.

One blew the other day and I want a new set a bit brighter e.g. 6000k but I literally cannot find any bulbs online without being pushed onto HID kit Sites, anyone have any links or good brands that will give a decent crisp light for 5000k-6000k bulbs?

Just to give a blue tinge, also do they have to be 55-60w? Or will 100w be too much and damage the headlamp, don't understand the difference.

Cheers

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
The higher the k rating doesn't mean they are brighter, it means they are less bright in fact.
The higher the K rating the more blue tint is on the bulb, This gives more of an Xenon look, and more white / blue light output but all that blue tint stops it being as bright as well and causes them to heat up much more so they fail faster.

100W can strain some wiring looms and it's not legal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Should have expanded and said when using kelvins as a bulb rating it normally refers to HID's. never seen halogen bulbs that come with a k rating although I believe their about 3000k. For the 5000-6000k stick with HID's otherwise blue halogen bulbs give a nice blue tint.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Halfords Link

I think that's as blue as you can go before it's illegal. You can see how pale it is. Halfords also sell 'bluer' ones than that, but they're for offroad use only. And they will probably be very blue.
If I remember rightly, Halfords bulbs are made by Bosch, and remember not to touch the glass with your fingers.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Also, I find these 25%, 50%, 100% extra brighter bulbs are as they say... brighter... At first...

But after a few months, they just seem the same brightness as you standard halogen bulbs.

*I know you said you're not fussed about brightness, I was just throwing it out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.