All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my brake cable snapped on rear drivers side its on a corsa b 1 litre x reg iv checked on here and some are saying comes in 2 parts,, but think motive have sold me wrong ones iv got long 1 with plastic cover on i take it this is the 1 that goes from hand brake to rear axle then a short one with the ring that goes on to passenger rear shoes but seem to be missing the long one i need that goes from axle to driver rear shoes which means comes in 3 parts or am i doing something wrong only cost 8.99 for long 1 and 5.99 for short 1 so not that expensive,any 1 done them on 1 of these before am i missing a cable,,,the haynes Manuel says comes in 2 parts, but my cars weird and takes some corsa c parts because its built 2000 so theve mixed corsa b with corsa c parts even tho shell is corsa b with low rear lights im confused any 1 have a idea

·
Registered
36 Posts
Big one goes from handbrake to the block that sits above the rear axle then into offside wheel, short one goes from block above axle to near side wheel

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
It should be two cables, the long one runs from the handbrake lever to the nearside rear drum - this cable has the equaliser mechanism on it. Then a shorter cable which runs from the cable to the offside drum.

If you've broken the short cable on the offside (drivers side) then that's the bit you need to replace. However, 9 times out of 10 the equaliser is corroded so it's easier to replace the lot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
iv had this car 3 years so its 1st time iv replaced the cable,,, have they set it up the wrong way round because they have the short cable on n/s passenger shoe and long cable on to o/s drivers side shoe does it make any difference, which way round iv got a mate to come out whose pretty good at repairing stuff he said even tho iv got both cables long 1 with plastic sheath and short one with spring and eye to hook on to shoe that motive sold me wrong 1 should be another one that goes to o/s shoe ( the one thats snapped) totally confused is it because theve put it on the wrong way round,and could this be whats confused me buddy thought he would of spotted this

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
found out what the problem was its a corsa b but because its a x reg 2000 on the cusp of the corsa c release it has a corsa c set up on the brake cables also the exhaust and a lot of other things but the shell is a corsa b ,,,vauxhaull may as well put the corsa c shell on it because underneth its mostly a corsa c,,, there's 5 cables 2 small to the back another long 1 fom the axle 1 from the axle to half way towards the brake handle then another connecting to the brake leaver, just in case any one has the same problem the car is a corsa envoy 1 litre x reg,, also motive sold most of the cables except 1 which i had to get from vauxhaull dealers which they said was a oddball cable this is the long one that connects on to the hand brake cable that then connects to the handbrake so save time and go to the main dealers for this 1

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I hate it when Vauxhall do this - the mid 90's cars are the worst of all for it - you can never be really sure what's fitted until you get to work on them. But I've not seen that set up on a B before - it must have been one of the really late ones.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi All,

I've had the same problem with mine, type the reg into any parts search and it comes up as Corsa C but its a B

X reg 1.0 12v - first registered 15/09/2000.

Al

·
Registered
420 Posts
I hate it when Vauxhall do this - the mid 90's cars are the worst of all for it - you can never be really sure what's fitted until you get to work on them. But I've not seen that set up on a B before - it must have been one of the really late ones.
The worst has to be the last of the Rovers and MGs. I've heard stories about RHD 45/75/ZS/ZTs being fitted at the factory with headlights belonging in a LHD car, and the owners didn't know about it until their cars were out of warranty and failed the spot pattern test during the first MOTs. :palm:

Anyway, I've got one of the very very last Opel corsa Bs to roll off the assembly line (LHD built in Germany) and its been fine parts wise - nothing unexpected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts