All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Green 5d the handbrake was a bit loose and naturaly won't hold. I ajusted the shoes they seem to have a long life left and i went under the car ajusted the cable a bit the handbrake seems stirdy and fine, went for a test run pull the handbrake and it hold a little but but doesn't seem to tight the drums enough to come to a emergency stop or anything. Anyone mind helping me a bit

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had the same problem with my Corsa C the h/brake was rubbish.What I did was lift the back end,put on stands,release the h/brake,remove both drums check and clean drum and linings.Adjust the brakes with the adjuster wheel until the drum is tight to get back on but still turns by hand with linings just rubbing the drums,put the wheels back on and adjust the nut on the handbrake lever until it is tight on 3 or 4 notches when pulled on.Now go back and see if both are holding when you try to turn the wheels by hand,(they should be).Now release the h/brake and check they are both free to turn by hand.If they are tight to turn release it a couple of turns on the h/brake lever cable until both rear wheels are free to turn.Did this on mine and the h/brake will hold anywhere.You will find the auto adjusters on the rear brakes don't always adjust like they are supposed to.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found somthing wrong with the left rear drum it won't sit right for whatever reason. I tried to lower the brake shoe but it just won't go all the way in i tried for 2 day now can't figure out why

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.