All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after just over 2 and half years of working at Cineworld I decided it was time to leave so I handed my 2 week notice in on Monday and my last shift is 30th of this month.

Got too much s**t on with final year of uni - honours project etc - so will live off savings and of course my lovely girlfriend Joanne who makes enough for both of us :D

Will feel weird when time comes as I have a lot of good mates there although alot of them are planning to follow in my footsteps within the next month as Cineworld are a bunch of stingy c**ts to put it mildly.

Will be ace having weekends to myself though and more time with Jo which keeps me in the good books ;)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Good for you :)

Working is great but when it interferes with the rest of your life you have to put what's more important first and that's Jo and Uni

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea weekends are the only time jo is off and usually the time i was working so it sucked. Fair enough we live together but in the evenings Jo is usually tired and just wants to chill then go to bed and i'm either trying to do uni work or working some evenings too.

Way I see it - i've served my time at that place lol so just need a break now - focus on uni and Jo for a bit and will also be good to have both xmas and new year off instead of working new years day for a third time in a row - thats right we open on new years day and people actually come in - tw*ts.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
dont know how you can survive with out a job, but if its the best move for you than fair play to you. Good luck with uni :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dont know how you can survive with out a job, but if its the best move for you than fair play to you. Good luck with uni :thumbs_up:
I should be fine - have been saving, jo makes enough but should get a large pay rise soon if she passes dental nursing exam in a few weeks as she will then be qualified and then I also have shares in Ivesco worth around £2500 (actually worth £3500 but I owe my dad £1000 of it for my new computer :( ) which I can take out anytime when the rates are good :D

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can havea fiddle with the car :)
No chance - you should see my uni workload :laugh:

Plus i will need my money for food rather than the car :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
personal tip to anyone who wants a job as well as a social life, DONT become a security officer on nights for Mitie lol.

pays quite well, but cant get the time to spend any of it haha lol

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Good luck with the uni work mate, always good to stay in the good books

with the missus. :thumbs_up: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
yours too. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:laugh:

Can't wait to finish work - don't wanna work my notice but want to leave on good terms as I know I always have a job there (supervisors and mangers were gutted when i handed notice in) plus my reference from there should be pretty dam good to!

·
Registered
18 Posts
oohhh I walked out of my job on Friday. Different reasons though. I am a nurse and have been working 13-14 hour days. I walked because the company were unfair. I am going back to the NHS early November. Just having 2 weeks off chillin now.
Hope it works out for ya.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oohhh I walked out of my job on Friday. Different reasons though. I am a nurse and have been working 13-14 hour days. I walked because the company were unfair. I am going back to the NHS early November. Just having 2 weeks off chillin now.
Hope it works out for ya.

Week today and i'm out of there woop woop :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
A mighty good feeling it is too. Or at least it was for me. Just so long as the job manifests I am home and dry. Everything is through, except CRB and there are no problems with that .

Good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts