All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got new wheels on the other day and they 16" softstars. they have two brand new tyres on the back and two decent ones on the front. i have noticed though that when going about 40+ mph if i just twich the steering wheel the back handles weird. if i say turn the wheel right it feels as though the back end twiches out left. has anyone else experienced this problem?

i know the tracking is out a bit at the front which becomes apparent especially when braking lol but im a bit concernd about why the back is doing what its doing. could it just be because of the new tyres?

will try and swap the wheels from front to bak tomorrow and see if that makes ny difference. anyone any suggestions? im getting the tracking done tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
New tyres have some sort of glazing on them that makes them pretty slipperly, i remember when i fitted fresh rubber to my car, it used to lock the wheels under normal braking, just take it easy for a while so the tyres can bed in a bit.

If it still does it then id check the suspension and think about purchasing a stiffer anti roll bar on the rear to stiffen up that rear end up a bit.

·
Registered
713 Posts
you should always put the better tyres onto the front of the car, beds them in quicker due to the amount of forces being applied to them and also seeing as theyre the wheels being powered and steered it always makes sense to have better tyres on the front, lets face it all the rear's do is just follow where the front ones point it.

just what ive been told by those that know more than me lol and to be honest....i dont know a fat lot lol haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts