All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried shoe polish for back to blacking the bumpers? or know something that will get the back to black apart from back 2 black spray because thats crap!

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Not fully sure on how to do it, basically I think you just gently heat them up with the heat gun being careful not to heat them to much and it should restore the colour.

·
Registered
322 Posts
wd40

·
Registered
322 Posts
not if you make sure it doesnt run onto the paintwork. before i got my colour code, thats what i used, kept the bumpers black and very shinny. Just spray it onto a old rag and rub it over your bumper. My mate uses used engine oil on his corsa b and his is always black.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Have just used MER Rain Away on my bumpers and door handles, worked a treat and comes off the paintwork easily. I know it can be expensive from car shops, but I bought mine from Boyes (can just see all you boy racers heading there) for half the usuall price.

·
Registered
75 Posts
used shoe polish to brighten my door handles, stips on side of the car, my washer jets and my boot lock surround that were faded quite badly, worked a treat, may need to add a few more coats tho as it isn't that dark and you can still see its a little faded.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Have seen a Corsa (White, boy racer type!) in redcar with bumpers etc that look like they've been done with back to black or shoe polish, they looked really naff, guess the lad didn't do it right?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts