All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the blue prints or the skematics of a power box for a X14XE engine

i have a unkle in the sheet metal industry and im thinking if i can get the dimentions of one and wether it has anything inside the powerbox like any baffles or anything so i can get him to make one for me.

Rich

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
it just needs a flange to attach the throttle body and a flange to go on the inlet pipes and some holes for vacuum ran engine parts.
cant help on the blue prints sorry its just a hollow box tho.
why not buy one and copy it and then return it saying you didn't like it or something constructive like that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would buy one and not have to worry about all this but to buy an imitation mantzel its still 200bills which i dont have the money for
and to get the real things they are more like 4-500

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking about doing that but it would ahve to be alloyt welded back up.

i think i found someone on ebay who made one but im just needing the mesurments, then i can get my unkle to make me a plate to fit it all.

also whilst im doing that, i have a old inlet manifold, which im going to modify asin, get a inlet manifold gasket and grind the ports out to the gasket and polish them, any thoughts on that?

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
i would need to see pics, the only reason the metzel and dibilas work so well is because the throttle body is moved and gets more cold air, as the feed pipe currently is behind a very hot block.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the one i would make would ahve the same sort of setup,

but at the moment im just trying to find a upper inlet gasket so i can do this manifold. i ground the pips down in the manifold i have on my car at the moment and it dont half pull nice now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts