All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car seems to have lost all power, it still starts up fine, but pulling off and putting my foot down the car has lost lots of power in all the gears, its hard to explain, it's as if someone has taken out the engine and replced it with an 800cc??

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
My car seems to have lost all power, it still starts up fine, but pulling off and putting my foot down the car has lost lots of power in all the gears, its hard to explain, it's as if someone has taken out the engine and replced it with an 800cc??
Does it lag when you put your foot down & then eventually zooms off? Mine does that. I think my accelerator cable is on its way out. Try tightening your cable.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
There could be a possibility there is a problem with the engine. Check that all your ignition leads are attached.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had a simlar problem once i had degreased my engine and cleaned it off with water someone toldme it was my dizzy cap rotor arm leads and plugs changed it all and it runs sweet as now ( mine kind off boogged down den all of asudden shoot of likea bullet leaveing smoke everywere)

·
Registered
122 Posts
It could well be water.

B's are prone to "water on the electrics". It's the stupid position the designers put the coil - at the bottom of the engine bolted to the sub-frame - stupid place, of course it will get wet there....

J.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for your help guys, ermm forgot to say it only started doing it on the motorway journey back from Newquay, Cornwall.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Has you EML come on?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
There may be a problem with one of the cylinders aswell. A compression test may be able to eliminate that possibility.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts