All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I had to have the RAC out to me the other night because just as I was parking up the hazard warning lights turned themselves on and would not go off. The issue was resolved by holding down the switch for about 10 seconds. Previously it was fixed by jamming a piece of card down the side of the switch.

The RAC man said this was a common fault and that a part would need replacing. The problem is that was Thursday night and I can't remember which bit he said needed replacing. The hazard light switch or he may have used the word relay. Any help would be appreciated.

It's a 1.3cdti Corsa on a 56 plate old shape. Warranty expires in October.

Cheers,

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I've come across this before and I'm pretty sure that it is the hazard warning light switch that causes the problem.

If it's still in warranty get it in quick.

Edit - In the wee small hours it came to me that whilst I am sure this is true for the older models some newer Vauxhalls use a different switching system. Instead of every switch controlling items through dedicated wiring circuits they started to use a system where the switch simply sent a signal to a control unit (called a Multitimer) which then sent a signal to the component that is meant to operate. We have had it fitted to an Omega and a Vectra. I don't know if they used it on a '56 plate Corsa.

So yours may use this system, in which case it is the multitimer unit that will have gone gaga - but basically as said above - if it's under warranty get it back to the dealer asap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.