All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys .. ages since i been on here

anyway .. pulled out of a junction las nite ...next thing i know fairly loud pop and my car started to sound like a tractor .. so i turnd the ignition off instantly and pulled over at 1st thought it sounded like a driveshaft dragin on the floor so i cheked them .. all good then opened up the bonnet .. evrything seem in the right place .. so i turnd the engin back on with bonnet up and .. my faced droped knew it was the head gasket straight away

anyway.. do any of you guys know if the 1.4 16v (x14xe) warp the heads easily or do you think i can get away with just a gasket change and new bolts

help much appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
oh no!! thats a savage thing to happen. im just waiting for the day mine goes. i hope it doesnt cost you too much.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys ... it did overheat ages ago .. but i bodged the radiator fan so that its on constantly so it neva went over 95 degrees and i ran it like this for about 2 months?

what you think?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Remove the head and take it to an engineering works and ask them to check the head for flatness. If it is slightly warped they will skim it flat for you. Then refit with new gasket and bolts.

It goes without saying that you'll decoke the valves, valve seats and do a proper valve overhaul at the same time.

·
Banned
3,436 Posts
Think my head's gone as well laddy, either that or because it's been sat for so long there's condensation got on the cap.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Think my head's gone as well laddy, either that or because it's been sat for so long there's condensation got on the cap.
Mines going too i think, Mayo on the cap when there didnt used to be... i posted up a thread about it actually....

wierd how they are all happening at the same time... maybe its cause of the temperature drop out there

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Same happened to mine. Thankfully I didn't need the head skimming as it only went on one cylinder. Didn't pay a lot to rebuild the engine etc as me & my dad did it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts