All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted a new head unit into an R reg Corsa Merit, which meant I had to swap the red and yellow wires on the loom to get a perma live to the unit. Worked fine until I fitted an active sub to it yesterday. Now the only way it will power up at all is if I put both lives through the car's ISO side of the yellow, as red gets no power when tested with a volt meter.

I've checked all the fusing I can find, and technically it'll play music - but it's a pain that it instantly forgets any setting changes, such as equalization so the sub isn't putting any effort in.

It'd be awesome if I'm just being stupid and can't find a simple fuse, the set to the right of the driver's side 17th (labeled "Stereo") is still intact too. If anyone has had similar problems or knows what I'm missing that'd be great -cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed

Turns out I'd been slap dash with the REM wire and I'd blown out something with the bares :palm:. Changed a 20A fuse and crimped it properly and works fine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I fitted a new head unit to my girfriends car and everytime you restart the car it looses all the settings to the head unit, is this because I have to switch the red and yellow wire over?

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
Switchin the red and yellow should fix it from what i have read.
Didnt with mine as there was no perma live to the stereo, so its now got a fused live direct from the battery to the stereo wiring, so at least the stereo works now :) still wont remember settings though :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts