All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a girl and dont know anything about cars!
I bought a Corsa Active Twinport 1.0L last week from a car auction near me. It has done 66k miles and sounded ok. I paid £1400 for it. Whilst on the way home my dad said it sounded as if it was 'missing.' The next day the car wouldnt even start! Eventually my dad managed to get it going so we took it to a local garage to get it checked out. Turns out the headgasket has gone and loads of other things are appearing to be wrong with it. Things such as the 'crank' and 'cylinder.' My car only has 3 cylinders apparently. Ive been quoted £390 for a new headgasket by one garage and the man said that might fix the other problems too but then again it might not. Ive been told by another garage that you cant even replace the headgasket on these cars and i need a new engine! Should i fix it or take it back through the auction and sell it?
Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you need the ecu I have one from a 1.0 this 1 has the transponder
The head gasket can be replaced but you need the right tool to set the timing chain up a head gasket will not be cheap and would be cheaper to replace the engine

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
You can do the HG on them, the issue about not being able to do them is if the head is skimmed repeatedly the bolts for the timing cover don't line up. But you're talking a lot of skimming before that's an issue and it can be rectified by an alternative gasket anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts