All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, any help would be appreciated. I have a Corsa lite and the headlight switch has been very temperamental recently. The interior light for example, will turn on just by tapping the switch lightly. It even turns on by itself sometimes.
So I'm trying to disassemble the switch to clean off any dirt or corrosion, but the unit seems closed to a degree. It looks like I need to break a few plastic bits to release what looks like a movable inner part. I'll attached photos of it asap.
Anyone done this before?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
It comes out at an angle, one side first, as there's a lip on the casing stopping it coming out straight

Reactions: Gumrol

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
As above, I should have me ruined that. It's full of springs and bits that will
Shoot everywhere. Cheap enough for new one

·
Banned
885 Posts
These things never were intended to be repaired - Even if you managed to catch all of the springs and contacts and get it back together, the risk is that it may let you down whilst driving down a dark road!

Regards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks all

For some odd reason, just shaking it around and trying to crack it open has made it function again. It's by no means fixed though - hopefully it'll stay 'fixed' until I can source another.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help!

HI guys.. my Wife has the Corsa IS1.6 2001 model.. and uses same light switch unit, we had to replace this unit like 3 times this year it burns the number 30 pin on the switch , i have no idea where to start looking... had it once at a Auto Electrician and not much luck.

seems i cannot paste the pics..
when removing the unit you have the pins in the back.. You have 10 pins in 2 Rows
Bottom left 3rd Pin get hot or shorts or something, it has a number 30 on it.

What would that be ? Spot light or dimmers?

anyone have some advise please.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts