All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, wired in my comps today off the boston amp, they sound great, just wondering whats the best way to set the HU up, theres a few features like HPF and HPR iirc and these can be set at THRU or therslike 40hz 80hz etc... loud mode, V power which can be at 0 down to -8, and then normal EQ with bass mid and treble which can all be in the range of -8 to +8?

·
Registered
447 Posts
down to personal preference, how they are positioned, what sub you have, how much sound deadening you have etc

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yeah just set them up as how you want it to sound, it's your car, if anyone disagrees tell them to set THEIRS up how THEY want lol.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Do you have your sub up and running to? if you have, set the front HPF to about 80,100,120Hz depends what you feel like lol, its the first one when u push the volume n*b i think. Then set the sub setting think its LPF-SW or something like that to cover whatever you've set your comps to (let it respond to say, 120Hz for example), so there isnt any range that isnt covered. , if you dont have you sub amp up n running. Just leave it at "through", or 40Hz because you wont haveanything playing the bass, setting high means you wont get the bass notes. (you comps might not be able to respond below 50Hz anyway). My loud mode is set on because it gives better sound when the volume is low up to medium, it suitable for me as i dont have my music wacked right up. If you turn it on and you will see the difference, you might have to tweak your gain lower slightly if you turn it on. (My comps are ok, but sub starts to clip at about 25 volume (out of 30) with the loud on, but thats uncomfortable loud anyway)

Set the eq settings to how u want, there is one user setting the rest are presets like rock, jazz, natural etc. This is wot mine is on; i leave my bass to 0 and use the sub out level to adjust it, its more accurate anyway, has -15 to +15 readings, the mid is set to 0 and treble to +2, balance is left 1 and fade is -2 (less speaker more bass because their loud lol).

Dont copy these though, as it might not sound like you want it to, plus you have different gear. like lee and martin said set them up how you want it to sound...

Hope this helps :thumbs_up:

Oh and If you need any more help i can always take some screen shots if it makes it more clear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts