All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wanting to get one of those headunits with the built in teles but ive been told tht there illegal to drive with on? is this true or jst rumours?
cheers stu

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good point,just dnt wanna risk payin a fortune for one 2 get pulled and told to get shot of it
cheers

·
Registered
447 Posts
hello

it is illegal to drive with a screen on. most headunits come with a wire that you "must" wire up to your hand brake so the TV wont come on unless your handbrake is on...

..however if you accidently wire this into live/ ignition live (behind ciggy lighter/yellow cable etc) it will work when the car is moving ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice one cheers for the help..oh one more question.....much will a half decent one set me back?

·
Registered
447 Posts
whats "half decent" ?

size, pixels etc...

im sure you have to have the aerial on some makes stuck all over your glass (just like the rear windscreen lines) then is obvious to every theif you have a TV unit :\

i dunno really mate, ive never looked into tv signal. i only had a screen, and hooked it up to ps2

however, alpine/pioneer seem to be the kings. many other makes now (rip speed etc) that are far cheaper, but they feel cheap and you really have to focus hard apparently

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aye it would b for the ps2 or sumthing of tht sort anyway...i will go hav a look about once am paid cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts