All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new so hope this is the right place. I've got a 54 plate with a heat problem. Had a leak fixed (wet footwell drivers & passenger side) asked garage to check heating as no hot hair - thought it might be heating matrix. They confirmed it wasn't but leaking seal by peddle box. That's fixed but no heat. Changed thermostat picked car up tonight after a 20min drive. Still no heat. Garage said the matrix might be blocked but I should see how it goes over a week or so - wtf? Have I been done over :palm:

·
Registered
131 Posts
The question I ask,was the heater working before the garage fixed the seal around the servo ? If it was I would suspect you may have an air lock in the coolant system,the corsa is very prone to this if filled too quickly.When filling the system after being emptied the need to be refilled very slowly.If that's not the case you may need to remove both pipes going into the matrix put a hose on it and flush it through until it's clear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasn't working before, no. Will get a mate to check the pipe / flush thing on the matrix. The garage did say it might be blocked so if it is be good to clear it myself. Already paid more than car is worth fixing the leak :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well flush the pipes as corsa C are common for that. Flushing it will clear the corosion make sure you do it for about 5-10 minutes ideally uses a jet spray as it break it down completely.

This will defo bring the heat back as it happened with mine as well.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Another thing, once you clear out the heater matrix and refill with red coolant, be sure to do a simple drain and fill every 2-3 years. This will keep enough fresh coolant in the system to prevent the matrix from clogging up again.

In America, GM tells their vehicle owners that the red long-life coolant is good for a maximum 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. (They used to say 5yr/150,000 miles, but backed off from that claim because people were having problems.

Then here on the European continent, GM say that their Vauxhall/Opel cars equipped with the exact same red coolant doesn't need to ever be changed, only topped up if the level gets low.

This should tell us something, namely that the red lifetime fill coolant in Vauxhalls is not good for the life of the car, unless one is happy scrapping a car as soon as it is 5 years old.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.