All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise on how to test a heated rear screen on a corsa c ?

The switch lights up and that's all. It doesn't delist on any of the bars. How and where can I test for voltage on the tailgate connections please?

I am not sure where to start really. Has anyone done this job ?

Thanks in advance....

·
Banned
885 Posts
You can check the voltage at the points where the element joins onto the vehicle wiring.
Of course, it is Murphy's law that if you start checking at the rear of the car, the fault will be at the front and vice-versa.

Regards.

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Fuse is fine and there is power to the terminals on the glass. There are quite a few breaks in the elements I now notice and continuity is poor. I have checked with a multi meter. So many small gaps across the elements I have now found..

I am busy using conductive paint now to gradually build up the layers

·
Banned
885 Posts
You could do, but they will probably charge you the earth.

If you go for a second hand one, suggest that you take your multimeter and a magnifying glass with you to check it over before you part with your cash.

Regard.

·
Banned
147 Posts
That should get it up to scratch, or non-scratch in this case!:laugh: foiled again

I have just realised my last attempt at humour will be lost on younger members. 'In the old days' you could buy aftermarket stick on heating elements that were literally tinfoil.And demisting cloths that worked by using a tiny amount of soap. And some new owners may be unaware that you can buy special conducting paint to repair broken 'lines'.

·
Banned
885 Posts
That silver conductive paint CAN be useful - but a bit messy.
If you use it, I would suggest that you use two strips of masking tape, one each side of the strip to be repaired, this will make for a neater job.
However, if there are lots of breaks, a replacement screen would be a better bet.

Regards.

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Groan....yes, I've even considered adding one on these stick on heated windows, but am gradually testing the lines and repairing it using conductive paint.....have got a long way to go yet though .....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.