All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am having a bit of a problem and it is really starting to wind me up now.
I am applying a carbon fibre vinyl to my centre console so I had to take it out, easy enough. Finished applying the vinyl so now I need to get it all wired back in, the problem I am having is the blooming heated seats... I fitted them a few months back, the wiring is my own and connects to the Vauxhall switch that is meant for the corsa.

Correct me if I am wrong but pin one is an earth, pin two is wire to the chair, pin 3 is illumination, so in my case I will wire it to come on with the rest of the centre console, and pin for is a switch live.

If this is in fact correct why am I unable to get the orange light on by operating the switch?

Thanks for any advice.

Dan

·
Registered
24,002 Posts

Reactions: danielpalfre

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
You're welcome

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
I just checked and I have blown both the switches... I erm... neglected to remove the fuse in the first place:(
change the fuse and try again

failing that, check the continuity, get a multimeter put it on ohms and put the points to the ends of each wire, it should give a resistance when the wire is intact. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
change the fuse and try again

failing that, check the continuity, get a multimeter put it on ohms and put the points to the ends of each wire, it should give a resistance when the wire is intact. :thumbs_up:
I checked the continuity and fuse which is what made me check the switch itself, and you can see where it "over loaded" and the metal connection inside has fractured, I suppose i'll have to buy new ones

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Thanks for your help Matthew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts