All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people, im new on here and ive recentley passed my driving test and i now have a 1997 corsa breeze 1.2 and there have been a few bits on the car that have needed some attention and most of them i have been able to fix myself, but one thing that i cant seem to fix is the lighting behind the heater control panel. i was just wondering weather my make and model of car is ment to have lighting behind the heater controls or not and if so how do i go about getting them working again.:)

many thanks

john

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It's a common problem. There are little bulbs behind the centre console and they are prone to popping.

I'm sure there is a guide on here somewhere on how to take the centre console off, but off the top of my head, push the two centre heater grills down to reveal two screws behind, and the slider control (which directs air from either outside or recirculates inside) should also clip off revealing more screws. You will also need to remove the heater control knobs.

Once it's apart you should be able to see where the bulbs are.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks lee i shall have to go out and give it a try, im just wondering what type of bulbs i need to buy and in also intrested in the led option as i guess these will last longer also do you think halfords will do the bulbs that i need?

many thanks

john

·
Registered
114 Posts
go to www.ultimatemods.co.uk and buy the LED kit off there, a few people on here helped put the kit together so it contains all the bulbs you will need for the heater controls and for behind the speed clocks
the kits are cool,i got mine off ebay and fitted them,it consisted of clocks,clock and date and heater control lights,
looks real good,
heres some pics of the lights but il add 1 of heater panels later,not got a pic yet since i removed the full front to spray red,
also i need to remove the spotting on the date and time,

and this 1 is of the heater panel with front removed on a corsa c

i only paid around £15 for the full set and included them all,even cig lighter one but my cig lighter hasnt got a led in it and got a lovely blue interior light aswell,which lights full interior up on unlocking door aswell as when door is open

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
hi im just trying to get access to the top screws behind the vents but im having trouble getting the vents out and get access to the screws. the vents move a little but not enough to get the vents out. it looks like they are being stopped by something? also im having trouble with the middle control on the heater panel( the one that controls the power 1-4)

please help
many thanks

john

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The top vents need a good hard yank down.

The middle knob is secured in place by a little clip type thing.
Lever a small flat screwdriver in and it should pop off.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok sorry to be such a pain but i have got one of the vents down and now i need to get it out/
how do i go about it with out damaging it

thanx

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
There should be some sort of clip either side of the vent, and a little grooved channel which the vent slides out of.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool thank you so much lee youve been brill its all off and just got to get the front panel off

many thanks once again john

1 - 10 of 10 Posts