All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have recently been given a 15" sub

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ballistic-15-Sub_W0QQitemZ260109737963QQihZ016QQcategoryZ18805QQcmdZViewItem

and an amp

http://shop.i4u.com/0/653688.html

not bad for a freebie :thumbs_up: but i found that when i wired them up (bridged) the amp would go off if i turned up the gain and it would go into protection mode does any1 have any ideas i am slightly confused on how the whole dvcs system works aswell so if you can tell me the best way to wire them up.i have 0gwa wiring kit so it cant b that i dont have enough power unless it is because i need a power cap!:confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
you won't need a power cap lad.

couple of things to check 1. check you have a perfect earth conection on the amp no paint surfaces things like that.
2. simple thing check the fuse is not doddgy??,

um then all i can think of is try the sub unbridged and see if that works??.

failing all that take it to a specilist.

·
Registered
224 Posts
hi

i agree with fox8494 and ben but do you know anyone who has an amp you can just plug into your system to make sure you have wired up correctly then you know if it is your amp or not mate, i would probably try this before going any further. if there amp is the same then it is your earth mate locate a different earthing point in your car and try that also where is the amp located because it might be overheating and is this all the time or after a period of time of using it, i dont think it is your fuse though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive unbriged it that di the job i thought until i was driving and then the sub kept on goin off, i no that all the wiring works because i have just taken a 400watt splx sub n amp out to put this setup in. i will try the earth because is the is the onli thing i can think of any tips on the best place to earth too??

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right all the wires are fine except that now the sub and amp work until i turn the eninge on i have ths feeling that there isnt enough power from the battery, whats the cheapest and most easiest way to resolve this ?
would a bigger battery out of say a vectra or something fit?

·
Registered
43 Posts
the best place to earth your amp is either any excisting earth wire failing that, fix a bolt to any bare metal surface making sure there is no paint wot so eva.

As for changing the battery that could'nt hert either, just get a heavy duty 1 from halfords or summing. but if your amp keeps turning off it's more likey to be something wrong with your remote wire.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no because the amp comes on fine and is LOUD when i have the ignition switched on but as soon as the engine is on the amp goes into protect mode.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Try this: http://www.batmanuk.com/ for a new battery, I ordered one from there and it came the next day and he also supplies a pair of rubber gloves to keep your hands clean!

Oh and you can e-mail him if your not sure which battery would be suitable!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
u see i dnt want to go and waste money on a battery just incase it aint tht tho which battery did u have? i got loads of gloves bt 1 mre pair wont hurt i guess lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i dint bother with the battery i got my 400watt amp cranked it up to the max and wired tht up works a treat now my back window looks more like its gonna blow out lol!! oh well cheers for the help anyway peeps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh n i no tht the amp may not last long bein on full all the time but i cant be arsed with all the fafing about lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts