All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all i do have a project can be seen
here

http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/95-corsa-breeze-30904.html?p=409824

i have just got myself a new speedo one with the rev counter and
wondered if it will fit before i rip mine off,i rekon it wont but the person
that gave me it said it will,,my car is a 95 on an 'm' corsa b,breeze 1.2,i read
on a thread here that if it starts at 10mph its cable driven ,,my own 1 does
start at 10mph and the new one starts at 0mph , so will this fit or
not.

.also i want to fit a fuel cut off switch,,i am able to do this ok
but have a few questions where is the fuel pump and what do you think is the best way of going about it,,,im guessing its under the back seat wheres the best place to cut wires and stuff ,,looking for suggestions or help
if i had a donor corsa with the electric windows and mirrors how hard would it be to fit the wires , motors and switches into mine i mean like connection these wires to the harness or the fuse box or what have been looking at an alarm as my
corsa isint really that secure,if i were to buy an alarm id want 1 that beeps or flashes when lock and unlock prefair beep and flash i know some of them are easy enough to fit but i have also fancyed remote central locking could i have an aftermarket alarm and central locking device alltogether without spending a clear fortune and as i was talking about a donor car for the elctrics could the central locking be used from another corsa sorry for the book any help or advise with be greatly apprieciated

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i also got a new stereo a sony explode which is a nice stereo has a good noise,,my problem is after i fitted it the cd jumps when i go over as much as a *** paper i was guessing the cd player was buggered but i took it in the house and wired it up without speakers and put in a cd,while it was playing(could see time) i gave it a wee shake and the likes just to see how bad it was but it seemed ok,,,i mean to get it to jump i have to shake it worse than i think it would get in the car,,but when i put it back in it was the same so i wedged a bit of plastic board under it to give it some support but never really made much difference,,,someone suggested that i stick a screw in the back support screw i have seen them before

,,,,,but ,,,,,would this help or should i just try and get a new cd player,,,were would i get one,,,,i may have a wrong screw that fits can i use this

i put another sony hu in when i got the car and it works fine doesnt jump over bump unless its a decent size hole

help me

DRIVE IT LIKE ITS STOLEN

·
Registered
807 Posts
Right, i will try my best to help you out. I will be back later so i can give a more detailed response mate :thumbs_up:

I would say if it is jumping then it isnt secured properly, and is moving about. Head units only have minimal anti shock protection, a few bumps here and there and its fine. However when the head unit is moving about for a period of time the ASP goes and it starts to skip. I would suggest making sure all the metal clips on the cage are bent out, and that you do install a screw in the back. It is fiddly but you have to just take your time. Doing that should hold it more steady and stop the skipping. Plus it makes it MUCH harder for a possible theif to steal the stereo.

Im looking about fitting a speedo to mine, the same as you and mines also cable driven. I have heard that speedos off a 1993-1995 GLS will work as they were cable driven. (I have yet to see one so i cant be certain on that)

If you get the interior loom off of a GSi then you can install all the mod cons. Electric windows etc. You could wire them up without the GSi loom though, just by routing the 12v feeds to either the fusebox, or a 12v switched live. you would just need to get the trim for them, and the mechanisms. I suggest getting a pair of GSi doors with the mirrors/Electric windows already fitted, then its just a case of wiring it all up.

Fuel cut off switches can be done although i would say, splice the wires away from the tank. If there were any sparks caused by the insulation/wiring coming away, then you have a major safety issue because it could potentially cause an explosion.

You can buy aftermarket Central locking systems that have a connector block on them to wire an alarm into, Which i suggest you buy. That way when you lock the doors with the remote, it activates the alarm by sending 12v from the C/L to the alarm. Once you press the unlock button, it automatically disables the alarm.

Hope this helps as i say mate, i will be back on later this evening so i can give you a more detailed response if needed :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
will give the stereo a go later maybe cheers,,a rekon i could fit the whole loom but where could get 1,if i did just buy new doors already wired how hard would the wiring be to wire just to the fuse box without the loom i can do this sorta stuff ok but i just want a second opinion from the people who know...

i wanted some sort of cut off switch just as added security after my alarm and that,,so remember years ago helping my dad fit one and thats when i thought fuel cut off .i would be ok doin this but just didnt like the way im gettin wires hanging out side of panel,wat if they get damaged or that,,,,,,

there is a few ways to cut something out so the car wont start.i want to place a switch somewere inside round about the dash even got black wire. so what would you suggest i start chopping first lol ,instead of the fuel or should i just chop the fuel pump wire

how easy can i fit an astray light,already fitted cig lighter,glove box light and boot light

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Ashtray light is very easy (if you mean the front one next the the cigarette lighter).
You just buy a cigarette lighter with the light bulb attachment and line it up with the clear plastic on the tray.

·
Registered
807 Posts
my cig lighter has a constant feed and if i connect it to that then it will be on all the time
Wire it up to the constant feed line on the stereo iso connector. Its the 2nd in on the main iso block. Its in between the red and yellow cable and supplies 12v when the lights are switched on.

·
Registered
807 Posts
will give the stereo a go later maybe cheers,,a rekon i could fit the whole loom but where could get 1,if i did just buy new doors already wired how hard would the wiring be to wire just to the fuse box without the loom i can do this sorta stuff ok but i just want a second opinion from the people who know...

i wanted some sort of cut off switch just as added security after my alarm and that,,so remember years ago helping my dad fit one and thats when i thought fuel cut off .i would be ok doin this but just didnt like the way im gettin wires hanging out side of panel,wat if they get damaged or that,,,,,,

there is a few ways to cut something out so the car wont start.i want to place a switch somewere inside round about the dash even got black wire. so what would you suggest i start chopping first lol ,instead of the fuel or should i just chop the fuel pump wire

how easy can i fit an astray light,already fitted cig lighter,glove box light and boot light
Yep you could hide a switch in the dash, you could even get another instrument panel (the one with the 3 fan controls) from a model with the aircon switch and wire the cutoff to the aircon switch, Then if someone who breaks in thinks that you have a cutoff switch installed when it wont start, and they go looking in different places they cant find a switch you have fitted anywhere atall.

If you trace the fuel pump line it will come back to the ECU in the footwell, open the cover and going into the ECU should be a thick Blue/Red cable going in. I AM ALMOST CERTAIN that is the fuel pump feed. It goes to a small square purple Bosch relay. If you pull the relay out, and unclip the relay plug. You will see a Black, Red/Blue, Red and Brown cable going in. I cant remember exactly what feeds 12v. If you leave the connector hanging down, plug the relay back in and sick your multimeter in each cable there to test for a 12v supply when the engine is started. Now remember which cable it was. This is the fuel pump power cable. Cut the wire that carries 12v half way along and lenghten both ends of the cut cable to reach your switch. Now clip the relay plug back to the chassis and test the switch out then Put the footwell cover back on, screw it up and you are done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts