All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to change my barrel because the old key i was using was chipped and breaking (So didnt want it to snap and i would be stuck). I eventually got the new one in and now my car won't start? Does anyone know of anything like this? The Key is NOT an Electric one. I have looked it up a little and all i can find is something about the immobiliser I dont understand how i can get the car working again, i am currently trying disconnecting the battery for the night but i don't know what else to do????? CAN SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
open up your old key and you will find a small retangle object in one corner, this is the chip that transmits a signal to your immobiliser. place it in your new key and that should do it. hope this helps

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Try harder..

You only found out 7 mins ago..

Reactions: dragon2309

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have got the old one open and is okay, But i can not get the new key open atall! It is sealed all around and no opening or anything?

·
Registered
158 Posts
oh right, your option now is to cut it open along the side using a dremel or very sharp knife, once you've managed this, just use abit of superglue to seal it back up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, it seem's almost impossible to get off but while trying to do this i have just switched the barrel back to old one to see if it would work and it's doing same thing! Car still won't start :O I'm going to try get this key open but help!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
im sure it will open eventually, it sounds like the new keyfob has been moulded around the key, im going to guess that the one youve bought is for a corsa that dosnt have an immobiliser. in regards to your car not starting, are the lights showing in the dash when you turn the key? is it turning over or completely dead? apart from the key issue, it could be a wire not wired up right on the barrel or a fuse blown. give more detail so others can comment mate because im not that technially minded. i would pm a guy on here called vegas, i see him helping others loads on here, he might have a simple answer .sorry i cant help further.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well basically i got a new barrel and key and changed it, after i put that in i was doing loads of other bits to the car (nothing electrical, adding glovebox, adding clock ect..) I changed the little chip thing below the barrel as-well? When i eventually got around to turning the car on it turns over perfectly but doesn't fire. The battery is fully charged but the Engine warning light started to flash after this? That's when i looked into it more and only found something about immobiliser and how it would cut off fuel and stuff. So that's when i came on here and then not long ago tried to put the old one back on and it's doing the same????

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also have checked all the fuses in fuse box, none of them are blown! And i have had a look eveywhere i have been and everything i can get to see or been around and no wires that are disconnected or anything :/

·
Registered
158 Posts
hmm could try leaving the battery off/unhooked overnight, aparrently this can reset the ecu, could be as simple as that. worth a try, if not then keep asking on here, someone will give you the right answer. if you do use the new barrel and key, remember that little chip needs to be with (inside the keyfob).

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Just tape the chip to ignition barrell area, should pick
Up signal and work

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Well basically i got a new barrel and key and changed it, after i put that in i was doing loads of other bits to the car (nothing electrical, adding glovebox, adding clock ect..) I changed the little chip thing below the barrel as-well? When i eventually got around to turning the car on it turns over perfectly but doesn't fire. The battery is fully charged but the Engine warning light started to flash after this? That's when i looked into it more and only found something about immobiliser and how it would cut off fuel and stuff. So that's when i came on here and then not long ago tried to put the old one back on and it's doing the same????
That ^^ what did you change below the barell? Nothing should be changed other than the barell itself, and then transferring the chip from your old key to the new key. If you changed the black transponder ring that sits around the barell then change it back to your original one, thats also coded to the ecu, and it needs to be the original one.

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
The barely is just a mechanical lock, there's no immobiliser part in the barell. The only things tha there matching are the ecu, the transponder ring AROUND the barell and the black chip inside the key.

From what you said back there it sounds like you swapped the transponder ring around the barell, put it back.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
You need a matching set for
It to work in sbort

1 - 18 of 18 Posts