All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

looking to get a induction kit for my 1999 1.0 12v Corsa B.

Just Wanted To Know Whats Best To Go For Really looking at K+N or Pipercross pm or post a link to the a website with a induction that would fit my car! would be really appreciated.

Sorry if this is the dumbest question youve ever seen :lipsmoker:

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
As above, knackers the air flow meter, don't do it.

If you want noise, drill and derestrict the airbox.
If you want power get a different car!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
to be honest it's not gonna make much of a difference to the car performance wise, and I've heard of some people f**king up their maf with one. totally up to you though.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Also, they can suck in hot air which messes with the performance and you end up getting flat spots so the power you gain from one, it also ends up taking it away again so your back where you started just more out of pocket.

As dannyboolahl said, drill and de-restrict your airbox, best thing to do, I have done both to my car and you still get the induction noise without any of the complications and it doesn't cost a penny. Follow Lees tutorials on how to do it.

Dan :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
its just i have the chance of one for free and wanted to put it in but i dont wana be doing and damage and prefairibly i dont want holes in my air box because hopefully after a few years of modding i can put all the origanal bits back on and sale it

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
a standard airbox from a scrappy's would be about £2, whereas if you f**k up your maf it's about £80. Totally up to you though, and I know that an induction kit is more likely to cause damage than a k&n filter. By the way is it a panel filter or a cone?

Reactions: Harry22GLA

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
its just i have the chance of one for free and wanted to put it in but i dont wana be doing and damage and prefairibly i dont want holes in my air box because hopefully after a few years of modding i can put all the origanal bits back on and sale it
I dunno about the 1.2 with a filter, but you could get a new airbox to sell it for pence at a scrappy

·
Registered
588 Posts
it is just a silver k&n cone filter ...... what does puttin a hole in the airbox do ,,,what is an maf(im guessing its a sensor) and how does a air filter screw up the maf

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Mass Air Flow meter, measures the air going into the engine.
The K&N filter messes with the intake thus confusing the MAF and breaking it, causing you to be £80 out of pocket.

Drilling the airbox essentially does what a K&N does but with out the MAF being buggered and without the loss of power caused by a cone filter sucking in hot air from the engine as it keeps the cold air feed.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
it is just a silver k&n cone filter ...... what does puttin a hole in the airbox do ,,,what is an maf(im guessing its a sensor) and how does a air filter screw up the maf
I'd suggest you dont put a cone in - it just sucks up warm air from the engine bay and can cause your car to underperform.

Drilling holes in your airbox gives you the same noise as you get from an induction kit, and not much else to be honest.

MAF is a sensor that measures how much air is getting into the engine - a different air filter will mean you have more air going in, causing the MAF to record a fault.

Reactions: Harry22GLA

·
Registered
588 Posts
ok well thanks for that,,ill keep it out then ,,does it matter where i put a hole in the air box and what size of hole... about just under an inch in diameter .....is there a way i can sort or upgrade the maf

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
have a look under the mechanical tutorials - there's one to tell you how to derestrict, and one on how to drill. and the maf is the maf so there's no upgrade.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts