All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got yet another problem :(

Ive gotten used to it since i had the car but it cant be normal.

when im going around roundabouts, or sharp turns, the body of my car seems to lift, for example if i go around a roundabout, it feels like the drivers side of the body starts to lift up, could this be my suspension, or is it actually normal?

My cars a standard N reg, 1.2, no modifications at all such as lowering etc..

·
Registered
224 Posts
what type of speed are we talking, if you are looking at 20mph sounds normal to me if you are talking 10mph could be your springs. if it is the first try getting strut braces as it really does improve the handling of the car, believe me.:D :D :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah like 20mphs lol, its usually alright at speeds of like 10,...strut braces, where can i get them from and how much would they cost, and what do they do lol.

im just looking at getting some alloys and ive got a dtm backbox im putting on soon...dont really know what else to do, dont want it to look chavvish :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope no pics.
Ill try getting some over the next few days.

Its green (dark greenish), its fully colour coded although could do with new bumpers lol, has a few scrape marks from previous owner, and it had some crappy hub caps.

It has a spoiler, the gsi/sport one, and thats also been colour coded.

Everything else is standard apart from a sound system.

Will maybe tint the back 2 windows out soon.

·
Registered
224 Posts
car sounds normal to me mate (steering wise), strut braces vary in price but for a front you are looking at anything from £35-£90 and rear strut braces £50-£100. basically what it does is restrict the give in the steering by giving more support to the front and back struts and makes it handle better, hence the name strut braces. i bought my front one from ebay for £25 but have not got one for the rear yet as have other mods in mind and that can wait. hope this helps anymore info pm me and will point you in right direction:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Ive got yet another problem :(

Ive gotten used to it since i had the car but it cant be normal.

when im going around roundabouts, or sharp turns, the body of my car seems to lift, for example if i go around a roundabout, it feels like the drivers side of the body starts to lift up, could this be my suspension, or is it actually normal?
LMAO! are joking!?! its called body roll, the car pitches side to side when you go round corners, every car does it, just corsa suspension is way too soft and a bit pathetic.

jesus christ.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol take it easy :p

i know cars do that, but ive never noticed it that badly on any other car before, its got more of a roll than other cars thats why i thought id ask. :p

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah corsa's standard suspension is so crap, i remember mine before i lowered it totally shocking, since ive lowered it the handling is awesome!

·
Registered
138 Posts
i wouldnt go out and buy strut braces for a standard suspension set up ethier to be honest mate, you wont really notice much diffrence at all with an upper strut brace and no other suspension mods, get some uprated springs and shocks then if your still not happy got for strut braces and arbs but even then you wont really notice much with a strut brace,

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Since ive had my Alloys on there the body roll seems to be a lot better than it was with the standard biscuit rims on. Im looking to get my car lowered soon, so should be even better :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Ye its normal mate, mines like a boat at the min!! lol gettin lowered soon though so it will all be in the past.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Since ive had my Alloys on there the body roll seems to be a lot better than it was with the standard biscuit rims on. Im looking to get my car lowered soon, so should be even better :)
Wider wheels, lower profile tyres do make quite a difference

1 - 17 of 17 Posts