All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some 40mm lowering springs and i dont have the tools or know how to fit them i was wondering if anybody could assist me with this i would be very willing to pay and to come to you

Thanks

shaine

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
You going PVS? Maybe someone there could lend a hand?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yerr im going to be on the stand so wanted them done for then i had someone that said they was going to do them this weekend but ive tried to get into contact with them to set a time an ive had no reply

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
There are a lot of posts on here about doing it.
Jack car up, remove a bolt or 2, spring falls out, put new one in, replace bolts.

Something like that, but look around on the forums

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i broke my dads big trolley jack and i havnt got round to telling him yet lol so ive stuffed it in the shed i really dont want to draw attention to it because il have to buy another one lol i have the spanners its just the jack and the compressor i need

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
How the hell did you destroy the jack? Sure it dont just need some oil topping up?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was jacking up the car to clean the drums and calipers before painting and as i pushed the handle down the metal bit that pushes the button in that raises it snapped off and i dont wanna tell my dad as hes a body builder and a karate black belt so i hid the jack and drove home, im such a tough guy lol

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Just tell him that he let you use faulty equipment and it could have seriously injured you - fatally, and that he should keep his mouth shut if he knows whats good for him :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i prefer the option of saying nothing and watch him make a fool of himself while trying to make it work when he needs it then say how the bloody hell have you done that, then quickly run while he trys to bruce lee me through a wall !

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he is hes very military in his ways its because hes from a catholic background i think lol, how will 15" wheels look on a 40mm lowered springs mate ?

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Ahh touched as a little boy in inappropriate places then.

Will look fine as long as you have the right size tyres on (195/50/15 or 195/45/15).

My car was lowered around 40mm with 15s wrapped with 195/50/15 tyres so have a browse through my project to get an idea of how it will look if you want.

Also make sure you have the right offset ET49 as otherwise you could get some arch scrubbing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have no memory of such occasions well thats what i was brought up to say lol i have tigra alloys like the ones in that thread u linked i think my tyres are 185/50/15

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
We can do it on the stand at PVS if someone brings some tools - changed some brakes and repaired a smashed window at Trax lol!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts