All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a corsa sting 1997 1.0

I was driving along and then the gear stick got hard to change gear amd that was with the clutch right in and when i stoped with the clutch right in the car still slowly moved like if the clutch was out. I went to my friends house and turned the engine off and started it after about 20 mins and it was fine.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Check the clutch cable. May be stretched, or may need adjusting.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I have a corsa sting 1997 1.0

I was driving along and then the gear stick got hard to change gear amd that was with the clutch right in and when i stoped with the clutch right in the car still slowly moved like if the clutch was out. I went to my friends house and turned the engine off and started it after about 20 mins and it was fine.
I'd take it to a garage to get it checked out - just to be safe.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i think that the clutch friction plate is sticking to the gearbox shaft splines. this is usually caused by clutch dust and the grease forming a paste, which gets pushed out until theres no lubrication at all or resists the plate from sliding properly along the shaft.
if this is the case, then it will be difficult to change gear, because the clutch basically isnt disengaging totally from the gearbox, so your synchro-mesh baulk clutches on every gear can't align the gears properly.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i'm just good at visualising how things work and can break i guess, there's plenty of people with way more knowledge than me, christ, ive met an engineer from a manufacturer's technical workshop and he blew me away just explaining shim sizes on a differential, he was the same age as me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts