All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, after phoning around a few more insurance companies and getting some online quotes pretending it was March'11 with my details, i managed to get the price for TPFT insurance for me main driver, 18 with 1ncb down to about £1500 for both the 1.6 Sport and the GSi with no modifications, so i will definiately be going for one in March.

Now which one would be better to get baring in mind the 1.6 Sport will be made to look like a GSi?

The pros for the GSi are that i wouldnt have to declare the bumpers, seats and skirts as they were standard from factory, the seats are nicer and it would be alot less hastle with modifying.

The cons for the GSi are that it would be old reg and chances are it will have done alot of miles for the price range i can afford to spend on the car.

The pros for the 1.6 Sport are that it would be a newer reg, would have black interior, probably less miles and a cheaper cost to buy as it doesnt have "GSi spattered" all over it and i already have GSi bumpers, seats and skirts sitting around doing sweet FA.

The cons for the 1.6 Sport are that I would have to declare the GSi bumpers, seats and skirts as a modifcation so insurance would rise and it would be alot more work to modify it to how i wanted it to look

What do you lot think? Summing it up like that, im sort of leaning towards the Sport but still not sure. Can you think of anymore pros and cons to think about with both of these cars?

Regards, Dan :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or try an get a Sport with Aircon? Dont know if GSi's ever came with it (dont think they did TBH)
Yeah that would be nice, but i've heard they dont have a glove box, and just the underseat tray, this true?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
if you could get a gsi with low milage get it, like you said, don't have to declare anything, and you can make some money back by selling the parts you currently have..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah that would be nice, but i've heard they dont have a glove box, and just the underseat tray, this true?
Mine has a tiny glovebox compared to non A/C models as the A/C compressor is mounted up behind the glovebox & was a right bast to remove!!

I didnt come across the secret tray under the passenger seat when I removed that either, think only GSi's had them??? (And Lexus GS300's have a similiar but lockable safe lol)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Sport.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
For the same price as my 60000 miles sport, the gsi's I looked had done double that. Not worth it, it's only a badge. The post 97 corsas have a better chassis sports came with aircon as standard after 98 (I think) much better money spent. Plus the gsi seats make me want to vomit.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you could get a gsi with low milage get it, like you said, don't have to declare anything, and you can make some money back by selling the parts you currently have..
That would be nice but the money i would make back from the bumpers would probably even out what i would pay extra for a low milage GSi

Mine has a tiny glovebox compared to non A/C models as the A/C compressor is mounted up behind the glovebox & was a right bast to remove!!

I didnt come across the secret tray under the passenger seat when I removed that either, think only GSi's had them??? (And Lexus GS300's have a similiar but lockable safe lol)
My passenger side GSi seat has a runner for an underseat tray, but then so does the sport down the scrappy. Thats the only thing putting me off with getting one with Aircon is that, does anyone know if they aircon is even any good?

For the same price as my 60000 miles sport, the gsi's I looked had done double that. Not worth it, it's only a badge. The post 97 corsas have a better chassis sports came with aircon as standard after 98 (I think) much better money spent. Plus the gsi seats make me want to vomit.
Yeah thats my thinking, but dudeeee, the GSi seats are lush :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Aircon is never needed TBH, roll down windows. I've managed fine without it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Sport all the way. The cost of insuring the extras still wouldn't amount to the cost of insuring the gsi.
For the record too, my sport had a glovebox and an underseat tray.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aircon is never needed TBH, roll down windows. I've managed fine without it.
Good point, so if i go for the sport i'll try and get one without AC

Sport all the way. The cost of insuring the extras still wouldn't amount to the cost of insuring the gsi.
For the record too, my sport had a glovebox and an underseat tray.
Cost for both came out roughly the same +- £30

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
I would take the GSi over a sport. One simple reason - The engine. I think there far robust the the sport engines. There only 110 BHP as oposed to the GSi's 125BHP and tuning potential with the GSi is greater than the sport.

Thats just my own opinion though. I wouldnt buy something thats not been used, engines are made to be used my car has 162'000 miles on it and runs sweet. Buying a car with low miles isnt allways better.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
125bhp from a gsi :s

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sport :)

The engine will be in alot better condition, plus, you can get something like a mantzel box (or cheaper copy) for an easy power upgrade. The only thing that would make me want a gsi is the kit, however if you have a gsi kit, get it on the sport (harden blue of course)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.