All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently after a trip to dublin (about 200 miles all round) the car has started becoming sluggish and has lost pretty much all power. i think its started to miss fire as well. i had the head skimmed and a whole new gasket set put in about 1000 miles ago, new back box, new leads and sparks, new oil, fuel and air filters put in, new map sensor and iv cleaned the egr valve out and changed a lot of the pipes (breathers etc). reset the ecu and no fault codes or anythin are coming up yet it struggles to hit 60mph or rev over 4000... dont know what else to do now. anyone got any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Sounds abit like ignition coil.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Take it to a garage for them to diagnose. it cost me £160 fitted for ignition coil.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay will try that but what if its not? any ideas? was going to get a compression test done to see if anything flagged up.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
What engine - it's not clear from your post?

I think you mean it's a 1.2, and if you've had new leads that means it's an 8v 1.2 - the 16v ones don't have leads.

In which case is it the type with a distributor or the type with a DIS pack where the dizzy used to sit on the end of the cylinder head?

If it's the dizzy type check the cap and rotor arm, and the coil on those can be tested with a multimeter (details in the Haynes to check for continuity, low tension and high tension circuits).

If it's the DIS type they tend to be reliable as there's no moving parts - but they run two plugs at once, so check all four plugs are sparking evenly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://i42.tinypic.com/ka4aas.jpg
thats my engine there. dont really know much about it as i havnt had it for very long. I know its a 1.2 just. another thing i noticed today was that when i jacked it up at the front and the wheels were off the ground and it was in neutral, the engine was started the front wheel started to turn and continued to turn even when the clutch was pushed in. would this be something that seems normal?

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
It's an 8v with a DIS module ignition.

The wheels turning slowly when off the ground is usual.

Have you checked you oil and coolant levels - and what does your coolant look like? If you had a new HG recently it ought to be nice and clean. It's hard to tell from the photo, but I'd like to check inside the expansion tank to make sure all is well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just changed the oil today and coolant all looks fine. Expansion tank looks fine aswell so im beat for things to check now.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Have you checked all four plugs are sparking evenly yet?

They fire two plugs at once, obviously only one is on compression stroke at the time, but it keeps the system simple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts