All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, iv had my corsa B 1.2 16V R reg for 3 or 4 months now and up until last month it has been running fine. The problem i am having is that when starting the engine the car makes a low rumbling noise and ticks over below 1000 rpm. I have been told by a friend that it is the inside two cylinders that are not firing. I have checked the water and oil levels and everything is fine. I popped the bonet and when the car was on, the engine was shaking quite a lot. and also the exhaust is blowing and sounds a bit like a tractor when i go to pull away. When i do go to pull away however, the car shakes and jolts. Has anyone else had any trouble with something like this??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In addition, there was faint white smoke coming from the engine when i popped the bonnet, and also like a burning smell.

·
Registered
543 Posts
where abouts on the engine? sounds like an exhaust leak which is affecting lambda sensor readings causing missfiring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone, reference; Marc24: i have been suggested to change plugs and possibly a new ingnition coil. and yes the engine managment light did come on once this morning, but since then it hasnt come on. can you suggest anything else?

·
Registered
38 Posts
yes ive had the same problem i have a 12v 3 cylinder engine and ive been told one of mine are mis firing. I also have the faint smoke under the bonet and when looking about i found a crack going around a part of the catalytic converter. Try looking from under neath and folow from you cat up to the engine bay checking the pipes i found it on an oragngey colour cylinder right by my radiator. Could be the problem to your smoke, so i recoment you get it looked at by someone who knows what they are looking at, i had to replace my whole cat. Converter with a new gasket. Good luck :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts