All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :)
just need some help i got a y reg corsa sri 1.4 today and i noticed so wires under the hood that do not go to anything been looking on google images and found this dose anyone no what it is please?. also what damage chould it do to my car by not having one fitted the car runs and drives fine just want to know

there is the link of the photo of the part i am missing it has a red circle around :)
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/10642002/
any help would be great
thanks

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

That is the ABS unit (Anti-lock Braking System)! Are you absolutely sure that this part is missing?

If there is no ABS, it must have been modified by some previous owner.

The Testers Manuel (section 3.4) gives a reason for rejection as 'An ABS or ESP component obviously missing or excessively damaged.'

However, there is a note in there that says if the ABS has been removed, then all of the components need to be removed as well.
I'm personally not happy about the removal of such a major component, as some unaware driver could, at the very least, have a nasty shock if the ABS did not work when they were relying on it!

Regards.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks like it's the ABS unit.If the brakes are up to standard all well and good.The only problem being that you have no ABS,which prevents the car going into a skid on heavy braking.The choice is yours,may be worth getting the opinion of a garage,just don't know if it would pass an MOT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.