All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there im fairly new to this site personally after being referred to it by someone else off here.

just wondered if u guys cud help me out on a lil debate i have in my mind.

i currently own a 1996 5 door corsa in red, started to work on it by doin subtle things to it whilst my money is building up, changed the wheels, begun to smooth don the doors, had a fair amount of body work repairs done to it and engine as well since ive bought it, yet ive seen for sale round by me another corsa which is the same year and engine of mine but is white and the 3 door with VERY low mileage...50 thou i think it was.....for £450, with colour coded wheel arches mirrors and bumpers etc. Interior is in excellent condition and as im wanting to body kit and put a spoiler onto my car ive found tht its fairly difficult to get the parts for a 5 door yet the 3 door theyre in large supply. plus im not too keen on the rear end of the 5 door shape of the boot etc.

ive always preferred small cars in 3 door variants but mine was at a handy price when i was downsizing from my 2.0 diesel turbo astra mark g i had when i was in the army

im not sure as to wat to do whether to keep the 5 door i got now cos i know wat its like and had time and money spent on it or whether to change it for this 3 door.

any hints or suggestions wud be much appreciated on this as im in 2 minds personally.

anyway....Happy Motoring Corsa Owners:driver:

Chris

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah ive got a couple i'm in the process of uploadin em....once ive figured out how to lol.

ok...so u'd keep the 5 door cheers for ur opinion

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool thanks a lot mate, i'm doin it now so pics will be up as soon as..theyre not great quality cos i used my fone to take em but theyre ok.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
very true thts exactly wat i was thinkng but for some reason cudnt think of it at the time of typing lmao. thanx again lol

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Go for the 3 door mate!! they look loads better done up than the 5 doors and like you say, there are a wider range of parts available. Have a drive of it though first mate to see if there are any obvious faults.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
right ive uploaded em to photobucket.....now what do i do?

sorry im thick when it comes to websites and stuf like tht lol

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thnx lyds...yeah ive seen dearings car but i really wud like to bodykit mine and work on the exterior of it....but i dunno i havent seen many parts for the 5 door....i dearly wanted the Gsi spoiler but thts a definite no go area cos of the backend bein a different shape.

thnx adheath yeah id give it a test dirve and also get my mate to give it a once over like he did to my current corsa cos hes the person i go to instead of garages for any work doin to it etc

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here goes....i think ive worked it out.....bear with me lol on this

here goes nothin...fingers crossed...here is my corsa

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Keep your 5 door mate - as lyds said - you know your car and whats been done. Keep it subtle rather than kitting it out.

Get a nice little spoiler like this and post 97 rear bumper:

and a GSI front bumper:

or just a post 97 front bumper - either will look good.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow now tht looks the way id like mine to look geebs....cos all i was after was a subtle body kit.... where did u get tht spoiler from? and the bumpers? cos tht really does look nice plus those wheels...grrr im envious lol. didnt know the Gsi bumper had front fogs in it either....might have to get me one of them and lower it like urs

hmmmmmm decisions grrr

1 - 20 of 49 Posts