·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently installing an ICE sysyem into my 2002 Corsa C, which includes

Genesis Profile Four Ultra Amplifier

Genesis Audiophile 30.1 12" Subwoofer

Diamond Audio 6.5" Components

I have the front speaker adaptors, for the comps, THE PROBLEM i have is when running the wire from the AMP at the back of the car to the front comp is .....I cant get past the door connector that the wires pass through into the door, dont really want to use existing factory wire as im running 100w RMS to the comps...:confused:

Any advice.... ( and dont want to drill into car or door )

In the middle of the install now and its doing my head in..:mad:

·
Registered
901 Posts
i dont no why people try and fit all of there ice there selfs ... just go to a garage or halfords . halfords will charge £30 to fit the lot !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont no why people try and fit all of there ice there selfs ... just go to a garage or halfords . halfords will charge £30 to fit the lot !
:rolleyes:

I used to run the Ripspeed department in Halfords, and occasionally done the fittings, ive had lots of different cars with competition ICE instaled, think i may have sorted it now, WHATEVER people do, dont let Halfords butcher your car with unexperienced KIDS having a go..

They used to charge £30 just to fit a Head Unit, which taken 10 mins with the fasia adaptors

·
Registered
708 Posts
When I fitted my amp Chads, I ended up re-routing it to not where I really wanted to, however when I rip out and replace my seats everything is gonna be rewired properly.

Dti, the only thing I can suggest is that sometimes spare holes are left in the rubber travelling between the surround and the door, have a look at opening some of these holes up.

·
Registered
901 Posts
:rolleyes:

I used to run the Ripspeed department in Halfords, and occasionally done the fittings, ive had lots of different cars with competition ICE instaled, think i may have sorted it now, WHATEVER people do, dont let Halfords butcher your car with unexperienced KIDS having a go..

They used to charge £30 just to fit a Head Unit, which taken 10 mins with the fasia adaptors
I really do not know what halfords store you went to! but all i can say is that store really does suck! we only charge £20 at the most for fitting dvd player . other cd players etc are free fit on some .

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Halfords, Bassjunkies and all thos places are a rip off! Let us know if you sort it matey!:)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I agree with dti boy there is no way id let halfords near my car lol :laugh: i do a better job myself, can hardly call the majority of staff professionals as most are hired without a good knowledge of ice installs, and i know for a fact its not just my local store, headunit install fair enough but anything else is a no no

·
Registered
708 Posts
I know everyone that works in my local Halfords, and I trust 3 of them to install ICE in my car properly.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Same here, half of them are from my old school and dont even own a car! id trust one and thats it, he knows his stuff

·
Registered
901 Posts
Halfords, Bassjunkies and all thos places are a rip off! Let us know if you sort it matey!:)
LOL , way to far ... bassjunkies a rip off ? yeah sure maaaaate !

If you don't trust them on your car thats fair enough but we dont hire fitters that dont no what they are doing end off .

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Well i phoned up and they wanted £50 to fit my components LOL

·
Registered
497 Posts
I personally don't trust Halfords these days. I got an air filter from there a long time ago (old car and not using it now) and I asked if it needed oiling and they said it didnt. I get home and inside the box on top of the filter theres a warning note "THIS FILTER MUST BE OILED BEFORE USE".......and the worst thing was it was their own ripspeed brand :laugh: Then I went to get a new ISO connector, I told the guy exactly what I wanted, an ISO conector for a Kenwood head unit, so he didn't need to use the computer at all but no he asks me what car its for and the year etc, then goes "According to this you don't need one".....I JUST TOOK THE ONE THAT I WAS USING OUT OF THE CAR!! I just told him exactly what I wanted, who really cares if he thinks my car needs it or not? I could have wanted to hang it on my wall for all he knew! But I know damn well it needs one yet he clearly didn't know what he was doing, in the end I had to point to which one I wanted behind the counter. Then my mate and me go in to see if they've got any speaker adaptors for his Metro 114 GTa, once again the guy behind the counter gets on the computer and asks the year etc and guess what he said? "Apparently you don't need any......" We even took the old speakers that were glued into the plastic mounts into the shop to show him that it does indeed need them......as it happened we managed to bodge them in as adaptors for metros don't exist, but I hate the way they tell you all this and you know damn well they are wrong! So now I don't ask Halfords for advice, only go there if I know EXACTLY what I want lol.

Sorry rant over, but they are my experiences of Halfords lol.

And chads, people install ICE themselves because they like the satisfaction of knowing they've done it themselves, and to be fair it isn't even difficult, I did very nearly all mine myself (got my head unit fitted for me because I got the key to the pioneer head unit that was in there before stuck LOL, but I've had my head unit out and unplugged so I've practically done all that myself) and if you do it yourself you know how it's all done, there's no mystery behind the panels...... lol.

·
Registered
447 Posts
halfrauds :rolleyes:

I was also in this siutation, i didnt fancy running my Diamonds from vauxhall wiring lol.

i just drilled the door metal in the end and whacked in some rubber grommits iirc. i had to get 4 wires in each door as i didnt fancy mounting the cross over in the door card.

sounds like an ace SQ set up btw :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I would never pay someone to Install my ICE, so far ive built 3 sub boxes for various cars and wired in Amps, Subs and general speakers without anyone there to show me how. It feels so good to do it yourself and even better when it works at the end of it.
In regards to halfords, they charge £40 to fit your alloys for you, now that is a joke.
Although i have to say i might see if i can get a job there, cos it looks like they never do any work.

·
Registered
447 Posts
any pics of your finished ice mate?

I would never pay someone to Install my ICE, so far ive built 3 sub boxes for various cars and wired in Amps, Subs and general speakers without anyone there to show me how. It feels so good to do it yourself and even better when it works at the end of it.
In regards to halfords, they charge £40 to fit your alloys for you, now that is a joke.
Although i have to say i might see if i can get a job there, cos it looks like they never do any work.
Just stand around in the shop with a orange and black tshirt and do the work cash in hand :p

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
any pics of your finished ice mate?
Just stand around in the shop with a orange and black tshirt and do the work cash in hand :p
Yeah i will get some pics uploaded when i get my digital cameras batteries charged again, damn thing eats batteries.

Yeah whenever i go in halfords there either on the tills or standing at the desk on there little computer, plus i was hoping
they do a staff discount, which would be nice.

·
Registered
521 Posts
halfords are a joke i bought my head unit from them which came with free fitting but only if my car haad iso connectors and they wouldn't reconnect my amp that was an extra 30 if i wanted it connected all the wires were there how much off a rip off is that

·
Registered
447 Posts
halfords are a joke i bought my head unit from them which came with free fitting but only if my car haad iso connectors and they wouldn't reconnect my amp that was an extra 30 if i wanted it connected all the wires were there how much off a rip off is that
it is a joke there mate. I fit entire instals for less than they charge to fit a hu. nd nine times out of 10 its some brain dead moron anyway. They have no idea what the colours of the wires mean, they will only do (as youve said) plug and play fitting lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts