All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, another issue, I went on a long drive on Saturday, London and back and didn't play music(have amp+sub) much at all, so yesterday I tried to change my fog bulbs as I got new ones, wanted to see if old or new were better, anyways was headache doing it, so had ignition on and also sidelights and turned fogs on and off for around 45mins or so, maybe less.

Ok so my heater stopped working few days ago, only works on level/speed 4 so it was technically on 3 as next is 4 which need to be on to turn heating on, so not sure if it being on 3 takes power? even though heating doesn't turn on till speed 4.

So went to couple places today, they said alternator battery is ok, I just wish to know one would this 45 mins of lights ignition on drain the battery to point it wont start? Also only took few hours to fully charge according to my charger.

My Batters in 50AH and I believe around 360CCA

I wish to upgrade the battery whats most powerful battery I can get? and will the CCA or 5o Ah make difference to me? thankx

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there, iwould say leaving those thing on for 45 minutes could flatten the battery, if the battery was a bit marginal, you can put a bigger one on its a good idea, it will take a bit more to charge it right up and it will give more power to the starter and last longer, normal battery life these days is about 3 ears for a patten one and 5 years for manufactures one i would say, there are some checks you can do yourself on charging system, 2 simplest things are make sure the fan belt is ok and that the batt warning light comes on and goes off as it should, if tht doesnt work it wont charge, you can put a voltmeter across the battery should be about 12.4 volts stationary and 13.9 to 14.7 at about 1500 rpm, you can also check for a static rain on the battery, make sure no more than about 20 mA, is draining stationary, or bater could go flat overnight,,,i dont think have heater blower on will make it go flat, especially when it only works with ignition on, and it wont drain if motor isn;t working, so only on fast speed..from Fred in Essex.

Hi guys, another issue, I went on a long drive on Saturday, London and back and didn't play music(have amp+sub) much at all, so yesterday I tried to change my fog bulbs as I got new ones, wanted to see if old or new were better, anyways was headache doing it, so had ignition on and also sidelights and turned fogs on and off for around 45mins or so, maybe less.

Ok so my heater stopped working few days ago, only works on level/speed 4 so it was technically on 3 as next is 4 which need to be on to turn heating on, so not sure if it being on 3 takes power? even though heating doesn't turn on till speed 4.

So went to couple places today, they said alternator battery is ok, I just wish to know one would this 45 mins of lights ignition on drain the battery to point it wont start? Also only took few hours to fully charge according to my charger.

My Batters in 50AH and I believe around 360CCA

I wish to upgrade the battery whats most powerful battery I can get? and will the CCA or 5o Ah make difference to me? thankx

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there, iwould say leaving those thing on for 45 minutes could flatten the battery, if the battery was a bit marginal, you can put a bigger one on its a good idea, it will take a bit more to charge it right up and it will give more power to the starter and last longer, normal battery life these days is about 3 ears for a patten one and 5 years for manufactures one i would say, there are some checks you can do yourself on charging system, 2 simplest things are make sure the fan belt is ok and that the batt warning light comes on and goes off as it should, if tht doesnt work it wont charge, you can put a voltmeter across the battery should be about 12.4 volts stationary and 13.9 to 14.7 at about 1500 rpm, you can also check for a static rain on the battery, make sure no more than about 20 mA, is draining stationary, or bater could go flat overnight,,,i dont think have heater blower on will make it go flat, especially when it only works with ignition on, and it wont drain if motor isn;t working, so only on fast speed..from Fred in Essex.
Hi thnakx for your reply and help, I will check it out. Do you know fo the secret hidden menus? they show battery power, I get it now the lower number stands for volts and main one for how much power is left?

I did have ignition on, had to otherwise lights wont go on, but was only sidelight and fogs on.

What do I look for when finding another better battery? code or ssize? eg meassurementss to fit corsa

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there, afraid i don't know anything about hidden menus, not sure what you mean about that, on the battery, well check the capacity and CCA, Cold cranking amps, i would look at what they recommend for your car, then up it a bit, measure the battery try make sure it fits, and makes sure the battery terminals are the same and round the right way...Fred.

Hi thnakx for your reply and help, I will check it out. Do you know fo the secret hidden menus? they show battery power, I get it now the lower number stands for volts and main one for how much power is left?

I did have ignition on, had to otherwise lights wont go on, but was only sidelight and fogs on.

What do I look for when finding another better battery? code or ssize? eg meassurementss to fit corsa

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cool thankx will do. Just wondering if the measurements are here some where, the ones I found are much more powerful, should be enough, thinking back to when I had my calibre fitted with 2 12's the sound was the best so powerful, I know my single vibe 12inch v12 wont be as much but it doesn't feel sound know where as powerful, some say its the head unit, but only now I realise upgraded battery might have something to do with it as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.