All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, was wondering if anyone might have any idea as to what might be wrong with my headlights.

The driver's side dipped bulb is not working. The main beam and side light are working fine. I have checked and changed the bulb over, checked and swapped the fuses with the other side and they are fine.

Any ideas? :confused:

53 reg Corsa C by the way :p

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

Looking at the Haynes Manual, the same relay (K43) services both sides on the dip beam.
The drivers side dip beam fuse is given as F37 (10Amp)
You have obviously set about the checks in a methodical manner by swapping fuses and bulbs.
Suggest that you now use a multimeter or voltmeter to check that you have something like battery voltage at both sides of fuse 37 and at the bulb holder.
If you do have battery voltage at these points, re check using a test light (5Watt bulb in it) You need to do this because, if there is a poor connection/high resistance in the circuit, it may well show up as a decent voltage, but not providing sufficient current to light the head light. On the other hand, if you dive straight in with the test light, you could be fooled into thinking that there is a break in the wire.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there, headlamp faults are usually centered in the area of the bulb itself...the fuses in my Haynes manual are labeled different, something like 23 and 24 i think, what i would do is get a 12 volts circuit tester and turn the lights on and run through all the fuses including the ones under the small black cover inside the fuse box, it's normally a bad connection around the bulb somewhere, you need to check the live and earth on the lamp...Fred in Essex.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.