All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new here so i thought id say hi first!

ok where do i start i have just got myself a corsa its only a 1.2 8v merit. done 80,000 miles and only real modifications now are peco back box, k&n induction kit, DTM mirrors, lex lights!

i dont have a great deal of knowledge on modification and cost and was looking for some opinions or ideas and the rough idea of cost!

and the windows have now been tinted dark smoke

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Hello and welcome RISELEY :D

Nice and tidy little car, got to say the first thing i'd do is lose the lex lights ( was the first mod mine had actually, removing the last owners bad taste :laugh: )

A nice set of alloys and lowering would make a huge difference :driver:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Get those mirrors colour coded mate, ditch the red sunstrip and get smoked back lights!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive ordered some lowering springs :) anyway i was wondering how you smoke your rear lights becuase i got the standard ones too which i could smoke!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
:welcome:.
It's best to buy smoked rears as they look a bit crap if you do them yourself.
These are just my suggestions:
remove lexus lights, remove petrol cap sticker, remove sunstrip.
Lower it.
It will then look quite nice.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Ebay if your really lucky.
Other than that your talking £170.

Also another suggestion is some front smoked headlights. Or even halo's.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Get it clamped then have it crushed for free. Do us all a favour.

:laugh:

Only joking mate, a few simple mods, nothing over the top - Makes corsa's look quite lush. :)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Smoked lights cant u buy those from anywhere? most car shops etc...

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Rear or front?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i want soem of the front smoked headlights, their 50 quid off ebay, might get some from a scrappers and have a go at smoking em myself first though just to see what they look like hehe.
either way il need to keep my standard ones for MOTs and stuff lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Get the smoked ones off ebay, they're road legal. Look at my gallery to see what they look like.
If you smoke them yourself they won't be legal and will look cack.

·
Registered
390 Posts
mostly whats been said before about losing the lexarse lights etc, also get those wheels done in black, either spray them yourself(not diffuclt and look great if done properly) or get them powdercoated, and it will look mint!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
to lower it 60mm would the wheels not rub against arches? and what paint would you use to spray the wheels black cheers?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It depends on the offset of the wheel as to wether it would rub or not.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
lower it 60mm on thse cavy cesero rims there a really nice wheel and when its lowered yo will notice some ammount of difference this is my mates car polished up and now turbo'd and also for sale :) the wheels wont rub as most genuine vauxhall wheels for the corsa and have the correct offset id say to watch the tyre size 195/50/15s or 195/45/15s and have a look at the wee studs on the plastic arches to make sure there not going to dig in, if so get them off and bonded on and job done :)

d

·
Registered
696 Posts
^^ as above, im lowered 60, and i managed it on et37 wheels lol, but i did have to angle grind 2 inch off of the metal body, and shave the lip on the arch spat :p but theywere wheels off of my clio, but now i have ET45 Drifz its all good.

just the spat bolts to watch out for

1 - 20 of 26 Posts