All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
885 Posts
I would suggest that you follow the very detailed explanation in the Haynes Manual.
I take it that you have not found what you are looking for on this Forum?

If all else fails, start by slackening off the hand brake cable adjusters.
Use axle stands to support the car - Do NOT work on a car supported only by a jack.
Work on one side at a time, making notes/sketches and/or taking photographs as you go.
By doing this, should you still have any problems, there is always the opposite side to look at for inspiration.

Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
it is very easy, just make sure you know where all the springs go when you have to put it back together. take a picture on your phone for reference. to take the shoes off, there will be a hold down pin in the middle of the shoe when you take the drum off, once this is off i believe you lift the whole shoes and springs intact with a bit of force they should pull off. then take all the springs off and put them on your new shoes and simply force the new shoes back and adjust them so they dont lock the drum but they slightly touch. before handling the new shoes, put duck tape or anything similar over the actual pads as anything such as copper grease or any garage related substance can contaminate the pads and make them useless for braking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.