All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys need a little help. A couple of months ago I decided to follow to tutorial on here and drill my airbox. Did it and reset the ECU and it worked fine for a couple of weeks with a great sound. Then the famous air meter problem occured (1.0 12v) for the second time in just under 2 years! Anyway replaced the air meter again and reset ECU. Has been fine for a while until recently i started to notice the car was juddering around 3000rpm in all gears except 1st. Wasnt too bad apart from it being a little annoying and then yesterday on the motorway coming home from work the engine management light came on and stayed on and now when the car starts it is idling around 1600rpm instead of the usual 800 and vibrates very violently when the ignition is switched off. Just wondering if any of you know what this could be as like I said the AFM has been replaced already. I thought maybe the idle control meter might be faulty but what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
idle control valve is the only other thing. whip it out an have a look at it :thumbs_up:
Yeh thought as much. Any idea where it is on the 12v's? Really hate this engine they really are awfully bad lol Think its time to bin the engine and put the LET in and just pay the fortune needed for the insurance :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Try the paperclip test off the topbuzz website. That should give you a code which will tell you what is at fault.

·
Registered
168 Posts
mate with all these problems your having, i had them all on my 1.0. I had to replace my idle valve control cause of these symptons.. Basically if the cars idling at 1600, and violently bobbin up and down, then indeed you will need to replace it. I had mine plugged in and come back with "idle control voltage to high". Also if you put the foot down and feels a sudden loss of power, then 9 times out of 10 urs is gone. Cost me 40 quid all in all with next day delivery froma ebay shop called vauxhall spares..

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try the paperclip test off the topbuzz website. That should give you a code which will tell you what is at fault.
Tried it and nothing happened. Not sure why though because the engine management light is still on.

mate with all these problems your having, i had them all on my 1.0. I had to replace my idle valve control cause of these symptons.. Basically if the cars idling at 1600, and violently bobbin up and down, then indeed you will need to replace it. I had mine plugged in and come back with "idle control voltage to high". Also if you put the foot down and feels a sudden loss of power, then 9 times out of 10 urs is gone. Cost me 40 quid all in all with next day delivery froma ebay shop called vauxhall spares..
Had it all off yesterday and couldnt see anything obvious wrong so will probably try replacing it. It has all the symptoms you mentioned except for the loss of power one. When i put my foot down it works fine its in the low revs that theres a lack of power.

·
Registered
168 Posts
when taking mine off mate, i couldnt notice any problems, looked intact, although the coil looked a lil worse for wear. Comman thing to go wrong on theses ive been told..

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when taking mine off mate, i couldnt notice any problems, looked intact, although the coil looked a lil worse for wear. Comman thing to go wrong on theses ive been told..
Seems to be many common problems on these engines lol will have to look into replacing it then. Looked on ebay and dont seem to be very expensive. Thanks for your replies :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right got a new idle control motor so about to go fit that to see if thats my problem however the car now has some more problems. Firstly at the same time both my MFD and stereo stopped working and neither has any power anymore. Not sure whether this is a fuse problem but help would be great. Secondly i changed my speedo bulbs to LEDs yesterday which went fine apart form when i put it all back in to find out that my hazard lights no longer work and neither does the handbrake or full beam lights on the dash. Now i was very careful when putting the LEDs in and i checked the circuit for a break but it all seemed fine. Any ideas people?:confused:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Firstly at the same time both my MFD and stereo stopped working and neither has any power anymore. Not sure whether this is a fuse problem but help would be great. Secondly i changed my speedo bulbs to LEDs yesterday which went fine apart form when i put it all back in to find out that my hazard lights no longer work and neither does the handbrake or full beam lights on the dash. Now i was very careful when putting the LEDs in and i checked the circuit for a break but it all seemed fine. Any ideas people?:confused:
Have you checked the fuses? Best bet is to start there, could be possible that new LEDS overloaded the circuit but its unlikely, did you double check that all connectors etc were plugged in properly?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you checked the fuses? Best bet is to start there, could be possible that new LEDS overloaded the circuit but its unlikely, did you double check that all connectors etc were plugged in properly?
Well turns out one fuse had blown but still having some problems with some of the speedo lights namely the handbrake and main beam and fog light icons. Thinkin this is probably blown bulbs so going to get some more for that. Also fixed the MFD which now glows a nice blue but have no idea why that didnt work just took bulbs out and put them back in again and bingo lol also the new idle control motor worked perfectly so car is up and running again nicely :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
are the bulbs put in the right way ?
Yes the bulbs that have gone out I never touched and worked before. The handbrake one even works on occasion lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts