All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 1.2 8v corsa b.
Just fitted new head and such but i have a few issues.

On the throttle body ( think it's called that? ) I have a metal lug where a pipe fits to at the back and one at right side.

I have 1 pipe which isn't connected at any end??

Also on the air filter thing that screws to it i have a red pipe for airbox? and a brown one for??

Sorry for lack of info. I need to know what goes where. Haynes doesn't show.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Need some pics mate. You sure it's not the brake servo pipe going to inlet manifold?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry about quality of pictures.
Pipe is about 30cm long.

So first pic is this. this is pipe in hand and behind it is the spare lug where a pipe goes. Does it go here? ( Also the thinnest tube i have on next to the spare lug maybe that's also in wrong place? )

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/img2013053100629.jpg

Other end of the pipe is on the picture below. It's the 1 in the middle. Just under the big fat water one.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/153/hartlepool2013053100630.jpg

I'm not 100% sure it fits on to here but that's the only spare place in that area as the other is for the "MAF"?

EDIT: Just found this pic.
http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3434&d=1356295954

So thinnest 1 goes on the 1 i have spare. Brown from air box thing on top goes to the one 1 i have thinnest on atm. So that leave the fat 1 in first pic.

What does this go on to?

Seems back of throttle body there is 1 place. so i put it to there as that's where it was lying. Last part is the end in my hand where ever that fits to :S

REEDIT: It seems it's the rocker cover pipe? So is it right if it goes from rocker cover to back of throttle body?

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I'm a bit lost where you are up to on this - the rocker breather pipe usually runs to the air intake trunking.

I think the loose pipe you have in your hand is part of the EGR system - but it's not clear if the other end is attached or not and the photo doesn't help that much.

The thin one you mention - do you mean the one with the brown elbow that runs from the TB to the back of the intake trunking, and next to it on the intake trunking is the thin red one which goes to the control flap in the air filter box?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Got your pms, both of them. I'm also finding it unclear in pics what's what. Could you post picture of engine bay and circle the problems

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm a bit lost where you are up to on this - the rocker breather pipe usually runs to the air intake trunking.

I think the loose pipe you have in your hand is part of the EGR system - but it's not clear if the other end is attached or not and the photo doesn't help that much.

The thin one you mention - do you mean the one with the brown elbow that runs from the TB to the back of the intake trunking, and next to it on the intake trunking is the thin red one which goes to the control flap in the air filter box?
Yes that's right. So i have it all sorted and wired up.
But the pipe in my hand on first picture this seems to go to rocker cover. So does other end go to back of throttle body? I connected it as in second pic.
Does that seem right?

I'm not a mechanic so a little vague on what's what. Doing all work myself and got reconditioned head and such.

after this issue is sorted. Will need to sort Timing/Water pump and crank pulley. Then hopefully she fires up after fresh water/oil.

So does this pipe pictured below go to rocker cover?

And does the other end of it connect as in this pic? Near water pipe on intake?

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Right - I'm with you now. There's a smaller pipe runs from the camshaft cover to that point down the back of the throttle body. If the pipe you have loose is the other end of that connection shown down the back of the TB then put the camshaft cover back in place and check if it lines up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right - I'm with you now. There's a smaller pipe runs from the camshaft cover to that point down the back of the throttle body. If the pipe you have loose is the other end of that connection shown down the back of the TB then put the camshaft cover back in place and check if it lines up.
Yes it lines up. Other fat pipes are too small. And they are on there correct places. Size of each pipe is different in length so they fitted on in the only order they could fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.