All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My 53 plate 1.2sxi has become really squeaky when turning and going over humps n bumps. I have recently discovered my new tyres wearing badly on the insides(front) too. The tracking was done not long ago but I discovered the noise was coming from the round black plate that sits on top of the strut tower under the bonnet. When I turn the wheel the black rubber and top of the shockers are moving with it causing squeaking on the metal body work. Could this just be the strut bearings ceased and maybe two new shockers. Also I know this problem can cause uneven tyre wear and rubbish steering problems. Any advice would appreciated. Thanks.

·
Banned
885 Posts
The way that you describe the tyre wear, sounds as if the problem may be due to wrong camber angle, which itself CAN be affected by the suspension struts (it can also be 'out' due to lower bearing problems or to accident damage.)

Tyre wear due to shock absorber action (or lack of it) tends to be of a patchy nature, but you describe yours as being on the inside edge of the tyre.

I would suggest that you get this checked out ASAP, NOT by a tyre bay, but by a competent garage who have the equipment to carry out steering geometry checks.
Failure to get this corrected will end up costing you in tyres as well as you not knowing how safe the car is to drive.

Regards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.