All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals

Ive just bought a strutbrace of Strutbracer on ebay, im having a slight problem though.

I went outside today to basically see if the strutbrace is gonna fit, and the answer is gonna be no.

On the right hand side i would have to remove the battery alltogether or lose about and inch and a half from the height of the battery to get the strutbrace to fit.

Has anyone else had this problem or got any suggestions for what i can do, i.e new smaller battery, relocate battery, stamp my feet and cry :(

I would have post pictures but i have no camera

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it looks like it will fit perfectly, its just the battery is in the way.

Ive just ordered a new camera so should be here this week :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Turn it round. See if it fits. I was going to put mine on the wrong way round untill my dad showed me lol.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i tried all the different ways you could possibly have it, and the one way that it looks like it should go perfectley is blocked by my battery.

I think i might relocate the battery to the boot and run all the wiring back there, saves me having to water proof it in this sort of weather where every puddle i go through the battery warning light comes on :(

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah just the original standard lump of a battery

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
This is weird mate. Is it definately a strut brace for a Corsa B, and also check your battery is secured properly. Theres nothing else i can think of.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah its a strut brace for a 93 onwards Corsa B 1.2, the battery is secured properly. Im gonna have another look on my nxt day off or when trhe weather is better and see what i can do.

Hope fully by then i will have my camera so can get some pics up

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I remember dearing had trouble with his strut brace, dont know if it would be the same problem :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts