All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a window tint kit off ebay for my car one of the pre cut ones and i got it out the tube it comes in and the more i look at it the more nervous im getting about fitting it because it looks really hard! has anybody done this mod before sucessfully? if so could you please give m e some words of advice!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i do frosting windows at work its basicaly the same.its not that hard it just looks it just make sure you wet the film and the window first so you can slide it about into position without it sticking.an make sure there a mil or 2 gap up the top edge of the glass so when you do the window up the film doesnt get cought an peal off but not to much gap so you can see it when the window is done up.hope that helps. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I watched a prog last night on the M&M channel IIRC, and they were fitting it.

They were laying it out wet on the outside of the car, cutting it, and then using a heat gun (carefully) to mould it to the shape of the glass (right way round obviously), before wetting it all again as well as the inside of the windoews before transferring it to the inside and squeegeing the water out.

A tip I got from the signwriting show was to use a baby shampoo & water wetting solution, not washing up liquid as this has silicone in it and can mess with the adhesives.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Window Film

Get a spray bottle (Wilko or a garden store) fill it with a mixture of water and washing up liquid. Make sure the window is free from grease and wax (methyated spirit is good for that) spray the window until it is really wet, apply the film and squeegy out any air bubbles and most or the spayed on mixture. Leave it to dry, oh and don't do it on a windy day as me and my dad found out it doesn't work!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes ive finished doing the tinting now. and yes i had a bit of wind. NOT GOOD! lol it is incredibly hard i found to get it all lined up and the rear window didnt work at all it just creased up and bubbled everywhere but the side windows have worked quite well im chuffed with it anyway!

·
Registered
103 Posts
pre cuts are not good just get rolls which is easyer to use . back window are a pain in the ass had 7 attemps on my old corsa i just ended up selling it without any on it was gonna get a pro to do the back for £50

1 - 15 of 15 Posts