All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just got my first car, corsa b so im new here.

Need abit of help?

The other day i got some interior lights which i wired up to the cigarette lighter. What i did was cut the black and brown (think there the colours) wires going into the cig lighter and removed it. Attached a white connector box to the end of the Black and brown wires, then attached the live and earth cable from the lights to the connector box. I then put the rocker switch in place of the cig lighter. All worked great no problems. Found the guide on this great forum btw which is why i have come here for help :L

Problem now is i need the cig lighter to power a bluetooth set. I could just wire the cig lighter back up but id lose the lights, surely there is a way to have both running from the black and brown cable?

Any help would be much apreciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Shouldnt have removed the cig lighter mate.

Simply join the wires from the lights onto the same wire on the cig lighter.
Get yourself some scotch locks and it will make it sooooooo much easier for you

Reactions: jakehill307

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help mate. wish i had known that before. what ill do is wire the cig lighter back to the connector block, then attach the two cables from the lights to the cig lighter cables with some scotch locks.

Thanks for the help! :)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
If you used these:

You may as well just wire both the cig lighter and the lights into them now without worrying about scotch locks, otherwise you gonna need to resolder the wires.

Just use scotch locks from now on whenever you wire onto another wire.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Also, you dont want to be using a 30amp cig lighter on like a 5amp choc block :fail:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts