All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

Not sure if some of you remember from a previous thread, I have a throttle that clicks at idle tick over and its been driving me mad! I discovered by removing the plastic air box on top that the butterfly valve (not sure if thats what its called) twitches, so im getting a un-even idle and an anoyying click from it.

I gave up with the dealer I bought the car from as I returned the car twice for this problem and both times he has informed me that there is nothing wrong with. So I went to the breakers and took one off another corsa hence the questions below

1. The throttle I took off the donar car looks identical. Most of the numbers on the front of the black plastic bit read them same except for a line of numbers along the bottom. Does any one know if these are just production dates and reference numbers? The big numbers printed at the top on the unit, 9 157 512 are the same on my car and the donar throttle. The reason I ask is Im not 100% is the car I took it from was a 1.2. It definatly was not an SXi but the engine looked exactly the same as mine.

2. If I unplug the electric cable from the throttle on the car, am I going to cause problems and need to have ECU reset or is this part "plug and play" as such. Because I was hoping the ECU will tell the throttle what to do not the other way round.

Thanks for your time!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi

Not sure if some of you remember from a previous thread, I have a throttle that clicks at idle tick over and its been driving me mad! I discovered by removing the plastic air box on top that the butterfly valve (not sure if thats what its called) twitches, so im getting a un-even idle and an anoyying click from it.

I gave up with the dealer I bought the car from as I returned the car twice for this problem and both times he has informed me that there is nothing wrong with. So I went to the breakers and took one off another corsa hence the questions below

1. The throttle I took off the donar car looks identical. Most of the numbers on the front of the black plastic bit read them same except for a line of numbers along the bottom. Does any one know if these are just production dates and reference numbers? The big numbers printed at the top on the unit, 9 157 512 are the same on my car and the donar throttle. The reason I ask is Im not 100% is the car I took it from was a 1.2. It definatly was not an SXi but the engine looked exactly the same as mine.

2. If I unplug the electric cable from the throttle on the car, am I going to cause problems and need to have ECU reset or is this part "plug and play" as such. Because I was hoping the ECU will tell the throttle what to do not the other way round.

Thanks for your time!!
Hiya mate, i got a corsa c sxi also and i know how annoying a noise can be (mine whistles above 60mph) while i cant tell you anything myself as i wouldnt know, my mate has always found LMF Vauxhall very helpful (01858433599) or ring a Vauxhall dealer see if they can tell you?

Let me know how it goes :thumbs_up:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts