All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I've read a lot online with mixed views so I thought I'd come to the people that know :) I've recently bought an x reg corsa b 101k on the drove her home and she was sweet but then on the way to the mot I noticed she was very sluggish and the revs were bogging down like she was about to cut out felt like she was about to at one set of lights at times she was ok but then she felt like she was juddering. The mechanic said the exhaust and a "minor" leak of gases from the centre and rear, could this be what is affecting the power? Also my friend said that the timing chain sounded like it needed replacing everywhere tells me that this engine has a chain not a belt but what is the belt on the side of the engine then :/ no knowledge of cars just bikes :laugh: here is a link to a video of my engine running
if anyone could shed any light on this I would greatly appreciate it especially with prices I've seen for it replacing :palm:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The belt on the side is an auxiliary belt which runs around the alternator to charge the battery and round the water pump to help keep feeding the engine with coolant (Water, antifreeze) The faster you go the quicker the belt will turn the fast the water pump, alternator will spin to keep the charge up, and water running around the engine

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's slightly tappy but my 1.0 is as loud as that judging from the video and it had the timing chain replaced at 100k, its now at 128k. I wouldn't say it needed done to be honest. however, can't really tell without the car being in front of me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for that williamcorsa :thumbs_up: no the eml has not been on I'm planning on sending her in for a service when funds allow seen as I have no history on the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts