All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I have most of the exterior work on the corsa done I am going to put some new speakers in the car. At the moment I just have a Pioneer headunit in it with the standard speakers. Not to everyones taste but i also have some Pioneer 6x9's already - just need to make a stealth shelf for them. For the front I want to get some components but on a tight budget so they won't be anything amazing. I also think I will get a 4 channel amp of some sort to power them all. I know I will also need some speaker adaptors for the front doors.

Can any of you ICE experts give me some info. Hopefully Joanne's step dad will help and that should make things alot easier. What I want to know is:

1) What wiring i need?
2) How to go about wiring it all up?
3) Will componets both speaker and tweeter fit in from diagram below?

Here are the links to products I have/want:

Headunit
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-DEH...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1182175773&sr=8-6

Components
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4696.html

6x9's
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3209.html

Measurements of Components:

Hope I have given you enough info - if you need more just ask.

Cheers in advance :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just disconnected the tweeters in the door panels and opted for 2 ways.
I used the rubbish original speakers as adapters and used side cutters to cut the old drivers out.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've left the old tweeter in place, and just disconnected the plug, tape it up to stop it rattling if its a problem.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Anyway Geebs, I have them comps and for the price they seem good enough to me :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
322 Posts
dont get coaxil speakers. the sound stage will be all wrong, especially if your still running your 6x9s. Get yourself components, and mount the tweeter where you mentioned. you will not be dissapointed with the results.

·
Registered
322 Posts
ohh and the answers to your questions:

1. you wont need any additional wiring for the components if you plan to run them off your headunit, as opposed to being amped up. ( you should get some speaker wire with the components)

2. snip the speaker wire from the original door speakers and extend it to the crossover, which you can mount behind the doorcard. Then run wires from the crossover to the woofer and the tweeter. You may have to purchase speaker adaptors for the woofer, but the tweeter should fit in the space on the door handle. if it doesnt then just trim the door card a bit.

3. Im not 100% on the fit, you may have to purchase some adaptors??

Ohh and for the price your going to pay for you speakers, i can suggest some better quality speakers, which will give you a better sound!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No I have the 6x9's already - xmas pressie from missus so have to keep them and then wanting components up front. Coaxials I posted earlier were for if i went ash's route

1 - 16 of 16 Posts