All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok think my gf, her step dad and i are gonna sort out her ICE in her car over the xmas/new year period. We're planning to get a pioneer TSW306C sub, an amp to power it (probs be a budget amp as the install will be very simple - all we wanna do is improve the sound) and a set of Pioneer TS-A1711 and have a few questions.

1) Will i need an amp to run the Pioneer TS-A1711 or will they run ok from the headunit (Its a pioneer DEHP4800MP 4 x 50 watt)?

2) Will i need door pods for these components?

3) What exactly are the door pods for?

4) Is there anything else i will need?

cheers for any help guys

·
Registered
696 Posts
mines the 6800 and you should be fine with powereing the door speakers, or if they are 6x9's your fine powering them thro there too. obviously to really improve it you can run them from the amp but its not neccesary, i havent and i like mine :)

for the components, youl need a pod depoending on what size they are.. personally i got 5 1/4 " speakers (13cm) and screwed them into the door... lol

but if you get bigger ones, 15cm i think, iv got some pods sat here doing nowt that should work :)
the pods are needed becasue standard speakers have a very shallow back, and to improve the sound, the magnet on the back is bigger on aftermarket ones. to stop the window fouling the speakers when right down you get a pod to then bring the speakers away from the door skin

im saying all this presuming its a corsa... ?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
would i need pods for 6.5" components?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea its a corsa, and it would be 6.5 inch comps. Do the pods fit behind that plastic bit at the bottom of the door or do they go on top of that? Anyone got any pics of there door installs just to give me an idea?

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
would i need pods for 6.5" components?
I never used PODS for my door panel speakers. My mate simply installed an MDF mount for the panel and mounted the speaker into it, so the speaker wouldn't catch the window as it winds down. Pretty cool.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts