All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have brought some rear lexus lights for my corsa b (2000 w reg) and im having a few problems

1) i have 5 bulbs in my original lights (brake, rear light, fog, reverse, indicator) but there are only 4 placed to connect the bulbs on the new lights. i take it the 2 bulbs which come with the lexus lights are multi function? e.g. do both brake and rear lights maybe?

2) when i tried to connect the lexus lights, the connector did not seem 2 sit right - dont know y, i when i tried 2 test the lights see if they work, the fuse for the brake and indicators blew

can anybody give me some advice on fitting these lights?

thanks

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well basically - i have 5 bulbs on my original lights, and the new lexus lights only have space for 4 - so im confused

·
Registered
138 Posts
im gona hazard a guess and say you bought lexus lights
like these - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Cors...ryZ10404QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if so, then if i remember correctly from my mates one, you have to buy individual bulb holders for these and hard wire them into the rearlight loom acordingly, instead of using the circuit board which comes with standard lights,

and yes you are correct about the bulbs you will need a stop/tail light twin coil bulb for these which will go in the centre one,

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so what about the connect u get with the new lights then? does that not just connect with the connecter in the car?

·
Registered
138 Posts
so you have a circuit board or individual bulb holders that connect to the plug??

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its individual bulb holders, and all the wires go into a connector which looks like it should fit in the plug in the car

and thanks steve, looks like u have the right answer there - ill try it out and let u know

thanks every1

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did urs just plug straight into the conntector plugs in the car? i notice u have the same ones as mine

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yeh they plug straight in no problems, what steve and james has said is spot on.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
yeah the lexus lights come in plug and play ready whereby you just plug them in mate and get the correct bulbs for rear/brake light(s)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts