All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, ive just bought a new corsa c in aruba blue and the paint is covered with small black dots which are hard to wash off, i was going to buy t-cut and use that but ive heard about this stuff from autoglym which is meant to be great, ive been on their website and theres loads of products and i dont know which to buy.
do i need special 'microfibre' cloths?
has anyone used it before? and what was the result like?

its my first car so i dont have a clue what to do to get it in good nick, so could anyone suggest what i should do start to finish and what products to use? any suggestions appreciated

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
sounds like Tar, there are a few products that will remove it, autoglym intensive tar remover, Tardis and a clay bar.

as for cloths get a pack of 6 kent microfibre from asda for £2

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
personally i wouldnt use t-cut on the tar, if you want to use t-cut get the colour specific one and go over the whole car to bring the shine back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
pretty much any enamel reducer will do the trick, just put some on a soft rag, and rub the surface gently, you'll need to polish the section right away after tho or you'll get a fade in the paint work.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Ag intensive tar remover is the best stuff ive used, but it completely strips any wax or polish that on the car,

id wash it well first, small amount (you really dont need much) of tar remover on a microfibre and gently wipe the area untill the spots come away (they will look like they are smudging, but this is just the chemical melting the rubber and thining it away)

then wash well again, polish, and wax

hope this helped

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Ag intensive tar remover is the best stuff ive used, but it completely strips any wax or polish that on the car,

id wash it well first, small amount of tar remover (you really dont need much) on a microfibre pad/cloth and gently wipe the area untill the spots come away (they will look like they are smudging, but this is just the chemical melting the rubber and thining it away)

then wash well again, polish, and wax

hope this helped

1 - 9 of 9 Posts