All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently purchased a 1.0 12 valve corsa c that had a misfire. no blue or white smoke.
the story so far........

i plugged in the obd reader and it came up with loads of codes, maf meter, lamba (post Cat), cylinder 2 misfire and random misfire faults. i reset them but they kept coming back.

i replaced the maf sensor, lambda 2 sensor, changed the tesla coil pack, plugs and air filter, this cleared all the codes apart from cylinder 2 misfire. so i compression tested the 3 cylinders and got 1-3 at 260psi but number 2 was maxing out at 70psi. so off with the head.

i found it must have boiled over by the past owner, i suspect water pump had failed as it has a new one fitted as well as a new timing chain, anyway i removed the head and took it in for a skim and valve check, was told it definatly had boiled over and head was miles out but they skimmed it and tested valves saying that it is now perfect.

i put it back on with new head gasket & bolts and did exactly what haynes manual said to do with head gasket replacement (25nm, stage 1 60*, stage 2 60*, stage 3 60*) and set timing up with the correct tools (pretty easy really but i used to be a mechanic 10-12 years ago).

i have removed injectors and watched them spray fuel and i have earthed all spark plugs and watched them fire all seems good and correct.

the car is still misfiring (although not quite as bad) and although misfire codes (and all others have disappeared after resetting them a new one has appeared saying the pre cat lambda sensor 1 is knackered but its still running rough and im getting simular results on the compression test. cylinder 2 maxes out at about 7 bar moves upto about 9 bar with oil poured into cylinder before test.

i have also had the sump and oil pick up of (they where very clean) and the cylinder bores looked really good.

i am thinking the rings must be knackered or the block must be warped and or cracked, has any one ran into this with these engines, was it the block or something else? (the cams have no flat spots or obvious damaged, the engine reconditioning place said these where ok.

feedback would be appreciated as this car is turning into a money vampire!!!!!

Many thanks.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
If there is no sign of smoke then that suggest the rings/bores aren't too bad. So it's either still a problem with the head or the block.

Did you have the head pressure or ultrasound tested?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.