·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
New to this so please be patient ?
Require your infinite knowledge.
I have a 1999 corsa b 1.2 sxi.
When it revs to 4000rpm it won't go any higher and the engine management light comes on, if I take my foot off the accelerator the light goes off. It also (when cold) won't accelerate. It starts juddering and feels like it will stall.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Cheers

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there welcome to the site, first thought is a blocked up exhaust, not sure if that would put the light on, think you need to do a code test on it, i think on that one you can do the pedal test, put you foot on the brake, hold the throttle down to the floor and turn the ignition on, don't start it, look at the MIL light on the dash and count the flashes, hopefully it might have stored a code, i think the light has to stay on about 5 seconds to store a code, dont ask me how you delete the code by that method, but anyway count the flashes of the light, if it flashes 10 times that it 0, dont ask....the rest is normal, you should come up with a 4 figured number i believe, just put a P in front of it, that will give you somthing like a P1023 or whatever, also it could be a fuel filter blocked or even an air leak on the inlet manifold area...i am assuming this is a Petrol one...if you want to go down the code reader path you can get an EOBD code reader off ebay for about £20 or better still an OP Com Vauxhall code reader which is a module that you use with Windows PC....they both plug into the 16 pin EOBD connector which is in front of the ash tray, under the heater controls, pull cover off, another possibility is the EGR valve, don't just fit parts at random, its not worth it...let me know how you make out...from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there, i'm surprised the code thing doesn't work if its a petrol one, what happens is the catalytic converter gets blocked, it's the box at the front of the exhaust, try banging it with your hand see if you can hear it rattling, put you hand over the exhaust at back and get someone to rev it, see if there is much pressure, you shouldn't be able to hold your hand over the exhaust when revving, should blow your hand off, if there is hardly any pressure its prob blocked,,,,a rough and ready idea is to take the front lambda sensor out, give it a good old rev see if its better like that, the hole where the sensor comes out lets the pressure out there.....worth a try...Fred.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.